Derrick Davis resigns (Polk Co.)

OldCharger

8 hours ago, thegreatwhite1 said:

When the Title IX mafia wants to play soccer on that Grider mans field, they will... you think im joking but im not

The Title IX "mafia" couldn't possibly care less if soccer is played on Grider's field, or any other football field. Title IX ensures that female athletes are afforded the same opportunities as male, period. If the Polk County Board of Education were truly concerned about soccer, they would provide a designated field for it, just as they do for football, and not allow them to be parasites using a facility maintained and funded by someone else. Regulation soccer fields are 110 yards X 65 yards, just an FYI if you want to help build one at Polk... I'm sure that parents/boosters help with the football facilities, and that soccer parents/coaches would like to have their own field too.

Edited by tradertwo

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

The Title IX "mafia" couldn't possibly care less if soccer is played on Grider's field, or any other football field. Title IX ensures that female athletes are afforded the same opportunities as male, period. If the Polk County Board of Education were truly concerned about soccer, they would provide a designated field for it, just as they do for football, and not allow them to be parasites using a facility maintained and funded by someone else. Regulation soccer fields are 110 yards X 65 yards, just an FYI if you want to help build one at Polk... I'm sure that parents/boosters help with the football facilities, and that soccer parents/coaches would like to have their own field too.

And a soccer field supposed to be level and the football field is crowned. And them using the field is by no means the reason he resigned. But I agree with you the booster club as well parents did a lot for the football team.  James Jones is the reason plain and simple and it's stupid that the director of schools doesn't get voted on by the county. Instead he does favors for his buddies that keep him in there. Man is dirty and I know a lot more but this isn't the place to voice that. I will definitely miss Coach Davis and our many talks in the field house before games and after. That man means a lot not just to me but a lot of former players. I hope whoever takes over does good but they won't find anyone that loved that program as much as Davis hands down. 

Edited by Blaster7

37 minutes ago, Blaster7 said:

And a soccer field supposed to be level and the football field is crowned. And them using the field is by no means the reason he resigned. But I agree with you the booster club as well parebts did a lot for the football team.  James Jones is the reason plain and simple and it's stupid that the director of schools doesn't get voted on by the county. Instead he does favors for his buddies that keep him in there. Man is dirty and I know a lot more but this isn't the place to voice that. I will definitely miss Coach Davis and our many talks in the field house before games and after. That man means a lot not just to me but a lot of former players. I hope whoever takes over does good but they won't find anyone that loved that program as much as Davis hands down. 

Perfect post!

And not just losing Derrick but his dad Larry too. Larry is a special man to me also he was me PE teacher from Kindergarten through 8th grade then when I went to high school which was Derrick's first year he came there. So Larry will definitely be missed to. Known Larry pretty much my whole life and Derrick for 19 years of the 34 I've been here lol. Can't wait to see where Derrick ends up because we all know he won't be without a job long if not HC definitely a DC somewhere. 

29 minutes ago, Blaster7 said:

And not just losing Derrick but his dad Larry too. Larry is a special man to me also he was me PE teacher from Kindergarten through 8th grade then when I went to high school which was Derrick's first year he came there. So Larry will definitely be missed to. Known Larry pretty much my whole life and Derrick for 19 years of the 34 I've been here lol. Can't wait to see where Derrick ends up because we all know he won't be without a job long if not HC definitely a DC somewhere. 

Blaster let me ask you a question. That Tower man said that culpepper man was wanting to be the coach.  Who is this culpepper man? I looked in my Murphy Fair book and his name is not mentioned anywhere.  What kind of mess is this? 

15 hours ago, Blaster7 said:

And a soccer field supposed to be level and the football field is crowned. And them using the field is by no means the reason he resigned. But I agree with you the booster club as well parents did a lot for the football team.  James Jones is the reason plain and simple and it's stupid that the director of schools doesn't get voted on by the county. Instead he does favors for his buddies that keep him in there. Man is dirty and I know a lot more but this isn't the place to voice that. I will definitely miss Coach Davis and our many talks in the field house before games and after. That man means a lot not just to me but a lot of former players. I hope whoever takes over does good but they won't find anyone that loved that program as much as Davis hands down. 

Simple solution... vote out the buddies that keep him in there, I presume that they cycle the Board elections every two years.

7 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Simple solution... vote out the buddies that keep him in there, I presume that they cycle the Board elections every two years.

Great point and I've done my part. Living in a small county it's hard. People are set in their ways and don't want to believe what's going on