Prep Slam

cbg

It appears as if The McCallie School is in 2nd place behind Brother Martin and The Baylor School is in 5th place.  What is the reason that several of the better wrestlers for Baylor did not compete?  I know that  Horst and Bates along with a few other starters are not in the lineup.

2 hours ago, Baylorfanwres said:

I think they might be "sick" of getting beat after the KC Stampede. 

Bond is here at Prep Slam but he is not wrestling because he is healing a nagging  injury(groin/hamstring I think) and the other 3 have the flu.   All 4 would be in the semis if they were here wrestling and they all would have pushed to win their brackets and this is at a tournament that FRL called one of top 10 toughest in season  tourneys .   I know all 4 of those boys and they love good competition so if they could have competed they all would have been here so let’s not be an #### ok? 

I agree Durdon!  The previous guy posting obviously is an ### and either doesnt know wrestling or is a fan/parent of a team that is not really good!  Those 4 boys love to compete and to say they are sick of losing is rather funny since these kids have been traveling getting competition at the national level since they were little.  Anyone that makes a profile right before positing to hide their identity is a joke anyway!!  In addition, since he brought up losing you may want to check those kids records.  I believe they have lost very few matches over their high school careers and I would bet that the combined 4 kids have less losses over their career than your sweet Johnny has this year.  Good luck !!

Edited by BQ125

21 hours ago, durdon said:

Bond is here at Prep Slam but he is not wrestling because he is healing a nagging  injury(groin/hamstring I think) and the other 3 have the flu.   All 4 would be in the semis if they were here wrestling and they all would have pushed to win their brackets and this is at a tournament that FRL called one of top 10 toughest in season  tourneys .   I know all 4 of those boys and they love good competition so if they could have competed they all would have been here so let’s not be an #### ok? 

I will agree with the Prep Slam being top 10 in-season tournaments. With that being said, I am not sure why Flowrestling cut it from their Flo majors about six years ago. I am confused as to why the Flo guys went to the Doc Buchanan tournament and not the Prep Slam. However, I am happy that Flo is still filming it but with none of the Flo guys in attendance. 

Edited by Baylorfanwres

7 hours ago, Baylorfanwres said:

I will agree with the Prep Slam being top 10 in-season tournaments. With that being said, I am not sure why Flowrestling cut it from their Flo majors about six years ago. I am confused as to why the Flo guys went to the Doc Buchanan tournament and not the Prep Slam. However, I am happy that Flo is still filming it but with none of the Flo guys in attendance. 

Doc Buchanan is the 3rd toughest tourney this year behind only Ironman, and Beast.  They had some monster matchups in the finals.  

And just FYI, Flo stopped identifying which tournaments were FloMajors 6 years ago so Prep Slam wasn’t cut, Flo just stopped rankings tournaments as Flo Majors back then. 

5 hours ago, durdon said:

Doc Buchanan is the 3rd toughest tourney this year behind only Ironman, and Beast.  They had some monster matchups in the finals.  

And just FYI, Flo stopped identifying which tournaments were FloMajors 6 years ago so Prep Slam wasn’t cut, Flo just stopped rankings tournaments as Flo Majors back then. 

I cannot seem to find where the Prep Slam is in the top 10 toughest tournaments. Where did you find this? I was looking on http://wrestlingreport.com/hs/ and do not see it. 

On 1/6/2019 at 1:11 PM, Baylorfanwres said:

I cannot seem to find where the Prep Slam is in the top 10 toughest tournaments. Where did you find this? I was looking on http://wrestlingreport.com/hs/ and do not see it. 

On 1/5/2019 at 2:50 AM, durdon said:

6 years ago so Prep Slam wasn’t cut, Flo just stopped rankings tournaments as Flo Majors back then. 

I am curious to see where this tournament was ranked in the top 10 as well.  Could you please direct us to where this information was obtained?

Please advise.

5 hours ago, hoosierdad said:

6 years ago so Prep Slam wasn’t cut, Flo just stopped rankings tournaments as Flo Majors back then. 

I am curious to see where this tournament was ranked in the top 10 as well.  Could you please direct us to where this information was obtained?

Please advise.

You quoted my post and if you read my post I said that Frl (Flo Radio Live podcast) said it was one of the top ten high school in season tournaments this year. So this wasn’t an actual ranking per se but just the flo guys discussing the toughest Hs tourneys this season.  But I trust what those guys think more than any website rating  some guy throws up. 

I remember the top 4 were Ironman, Beast, doc Buchanan and then national prep.    They listed the rest and I don’t remember them all or the order but prep Slam was one. They mentioned Reno and cheesehead too. 

Now one they didn’t mention but should gave was knockout down in fl that Cleveland went to.  That tourney was legit.