Cleveland vs Bradley

DaBears1976

5 hours ago, DaBears1976 said:

Tuesday.. The one I've been dreading most the season. Depends on how Cleveland runs their lineup depends on how many matches Bradley wins. I say 1 or 2 at best this year. 

What are the Bradley Central alumni and those associated with the wrestling program saying about the separation between Cleveland & BC in wrestling?  Are there any plans in place to close the gap?  Is the BC middle school program significantly better than Cleveland or is Cleveland able to drop the hammer on the middle school level?

1 hour ago, cbg said:

What are the Bradley Central alumni and those associated with the wrestling program saying about the separation between Cleveland & BC in wrestling?  Are there any plans in place to close the gap?  Is the BC middle school program significantly better than Cleveland or is Cleveland able to drop the hammer on the middle school level?

It ain't more of the middle schools than it is "Pride" and "Higher Calling ". If I'm not mistaken, Lake Forrest, "Bradley's " middle school feeder was on of the best in Tn last year. Very very good kids. Have a few right now at Bradley, good, but young and raw. 

But time after time, any Bradley or Cleveland person will tell you, in order for us to bounce back and beat Cleveland, we're gonna have to compete with Allen Jones and Higher Calling. Top ranked kids from all over comes to Higher Calling and they make their way to Cleveland. Bradley will and can compete next year with Cleveland, just not this year.  

Don't like spreading much rumors so won't talk on the deal, but i have heard that Allen Jones has actually asked to help Bradley or Pride in a few ways, but someone turned him down. Like i said, just rumors and don't know if true, but there's your answer. In order to close the gap we're gonna have to be Cleveland and do what they do. Everyone knew after TJ, Knox Fuller and company left, it was all over for us. Even heard some of the best Pride kids even went on to HigherCalling and else where. 

Edited by DaBears1976
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, DaBears1976 said:

It ain't more of the middle schools than it is "Pride" and "Higher Calling ". If I'm not mistaken, Lake Forrest, "Bradley's " middle school feeder was on of the best in Tn last year. Very very good kids. Have a few right now at Bradley, good, but young and raw. 

But time after time, any Bradley or Cleveland person will tell you, in order for us to bounce back and beat Cleveland, we're gonna have to compete with Allen Jones and Higher Calling. Top ranked kids from all over comes to Higher Calling and they make their way to Cleveland. Bradley will and can compete next year with Cleveland, just not this year.  

Don't like spreading much rumors so won't talk on the deal, but i have heard that Allen Jones has actually asked to help Bradley or Pride in a few ways, but someone turned him down. Like i said, just rumors and don't know if true, but there's your answer. In order to close the gap we're gonna have to be Cleveland and do what they do. Everyone knew after TJ, Knox Fuller and company left, it was all over for us. Even heard some of the best Pride kids even went on to HigherCalling and else where. 

Man I thought u were in the know around here on sports in Bradley County. Ur crazy if u don’t realize that Jones gives money to Bradley. Just recently Ben was in the papers thanking him on contributions, it’s just not advertised as much. But here’s the game changer, do u want to know why Cleveland is on top and better than Bradley right now?...,,,,, it’s because of a guy named Josh Bosken.  Not sure if you’ve ever heard of him but he’s the reason HCWC and Cleveland wrestling is where it’s at. That man puts in so much time with those kids and hardly ever takes a day off. He’s always somewhere with his kids every weekend all over the country trying to get better and nobody out works him. The kids love him and love learning from him. If all the kids that’s been through HCWC actually went to Cleveland, they would never lose lol. Y’all Bradley folk always want to bring up money and it cracks me up. Cleveland has emphasized work at the youth, middle and high school with traveling and getting better. Money don’t mean s$@&t if you ain’t putting in the work. And if I recall y’all have 3 of our kids as starters on the high school team Devany, Sebastion, and Skyler. None your prides kids have left and came to Cleveland so y’all have halls own kids. Until Bradley gets somebody at the youth level that is willing out work Bosken and put in the time like him, Bradley will always be behind Cleveland. What y’all need to start doing is stop crying and using money as a scape goat instead of looking at the real issue.

Edited by fooseball95
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Man I thought u were in the know around here on sports in Bradley County. Ur crazy if u don’t realize that Jones gives money to Bradley. Just recently Ben was in the papers thanking him on contributions, it’s just not advertised as much. But here’s the game changer, do u want to know why Cleveland is on top and better than Bradley right now?...,,,,, it’s because of a guy named Josh Bosken.  Not sure if you’ve ever heard of him but he’s the reason HCWC and Cleveland wrestling is where it’s at. That man puts in so much time with those kids and hardly ever takes a day off. He’s always somewhere with his kids every weekend all over the country trying to get better and nobody out works him. The kids love him and love learning from him. If all the kids that’s been through HCWC actually went to Cleveland, they would never lose lol. Y’all Bradley folk always want to bring up money and it cracks me up. Cleveland has emphasized work at the youth, middle and high school with traveling and getting better. Money don’t mean s$@&t if you ain’t putting in the work. And if I recall y’all have 3 of our kids as starters on the high school team Devany, Sebastion, and Skyler. None your prides kids have left and came to Cleveland so y’all have halls own kids. Until Bradley gets somebody at the youth level that is willing out work Bosken and put in the time like him, Bradley will always be behind Cleveland. What y’all need to start doing is stop crying and using money as a scape goat instead of looking at the real issue.

Not about money? Lol ok... That man pays for every little trip they go on. If Cleveland needs it, they get it. Heck he even bought the most expensive, but not so good streaming for Cleveland. Every bit of money that goes into HC is due to Jones. Pride has one of the best coaches to ever coach the game, Steve Logston. One of the hardest workers in wrestling history. Jones contributes to Bradley, yeah but its mostly "Bradley County schools". Not just Bradley Central. Stuff like glasses for the eclispe lol. I'm not using no escape whatsoever.. Just stating facts. The whole dang county knows the issues. You said it best like me. Higher Calling gets kids from all around. Best kids around. Luckily they don't all go to Cleveland. A lot of that has to do with Jones. Wether you want to open both eyes or not. You know it as well as everyone in the County, if it wasn't for Jones, Cleveland would always be our little step brother. I never cry over the sport like any other Bear fan. We know who the best is and will always be out of this county. It just takes a little bit of help to beat us. Have a great night and see yall Tuesday. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

Not about money? Lol ok... That man pays for every little trip they go on. If Cleveland needs it, they get it. Heck he even bought the most expensive, but not so good streaming for Cleveland. Every bit of money that goes into HC is due to Jones. Pride has one of the best coaches to ever coach the game, Steve Logston. One of the hardest workers in wrestling history. Jones contributes to Bradley, yeah but its mostly "Bradley County schools". Not just Bradley Central. Stuff like glasses for the eclispe lol. I'm not using no escape whatsoever.. Just stating facts. The whole dang county knows the issues. You said it best like me. Higher Calling gets kids from all around. Best kids around. Luckily they don't all go to Cleveland. A lot of that has to do with Jones. Wether you want to open both eyes or not. You know it as well as everyone in the County, if it wasn't for Jones, Cleveland would always be our little step brother. I never cry over the sport like any other Bear fan. We know who the best is and will always be out of this county. It just takes a little bit of help to beat us. Have a great night and see yall Tuesday. 

Y’all are always the best? But yet crying because y’all aren’t lol. Yep y’all have Logsdon but u don’t win off of a name, u win by putting time in. Once again use money all u want and just continue getting dat a$$$ whopped and crying at the same time. Enjoy the a$&& whopping y’all are gonna receive Tuesday lol

5 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Y’all are always the best? But yet crying because y’all aren’t lol. Yep y’all have Logsdon but u don’t win off of a name, u win by putting time in. Once again use money all u want and just continue getting dat a$$$ whopped and crying at the same time. Enjoy the a$&& whopping y’all are gonna receive Tuesday lol

See ya there! You should be there supporting a winning team this time, right? Lol

Y’all let the youth level get so far behind before y’all decide oh $@&@ be better do something about it. Our whole lineup has been with us since elementary except Lundy and he didn’t start wrestling till the 6 grade. Cleveland raises the money and Allen matches whatever is raised. Bradley has the same source. If it weren’t for Allen y’all wouldnt have the bus to go to state lol. I bet you didn’t know Allen pays Logsden to coach pride did you. U aren’t stating facts your stating b$@&@/t. Get serious, So if it weren’t from Allen there would be no Logsdon for y’all lol

Edited by fooseball95

22 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

Jones Foundation Donates To Bradley Youth Wrestling Club

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2018/7/26/373494/Jones-Foundation-Donates-To-Bradley.aspx

Thursday, July 26, 2018
Bradley Pride Youth Wrestling Club Director Ben Smith (center) accepts a check from the Allan Jones Foundation. Pictured with Smith are Jones Management Services Vice President J. Bailey Jones (left) and Toby Pendergrass (right), Director of the Foundation.
Bradley Pride Youth Wrestling Club Director Ben Smith (center) accepts a check from the Allan Jones Foundation. Pictured with Smith are Jones Management Services Vice President J. Bailey Jones (left) and Toby Pendergrass (right), Director of the Foundation.

The Bradley Pride Youth Wrestling Club received a major boost of support this week from the Allan Jones Foundation.

Ben Smith, Director of Bradley Pride and head coach of the Bradley Bears wrestling team, announced that the youth club received a substantial check from the Jones Foundation.

The donation was a match to funds the club had raised earlier in the year.

“This week’s incredible matching donation demonstrates the commitment of the Allan Jones Foundation to helping our club grow so that Bradley and Cleveland will always have the top two wrestling programs in Tennessee,” said Smith. “Thanks to the Foundation, I’m proud to say that Bradley and Cleveland now have the best-funded kids wrestling clubs in the United States.”

Bradley Pride is a wrestling program that gives young wrestlers of all skill levels, grades K through 8, a chance to learn the essentials of practice and competition. The goal of the program is to train and maintain the highest-quality athletes to help continue the finest wrestling program in Tennessee.

Typical practices will consist of 2-3 times a week for 1-hour sessions and 5 to 6 tournament opportunities. The Bradley Kid's Club experience provides an excellent youth level competitions while providing basic wrestling skills that enable them to become successful at the middle and high school level.

The Foundation requires the club’s members to earn money themselves, which is later matched dollar-for-dollar.

J. Bailey Jones, Vice President at Jones Management Services and a representative of the Foundation, was a 2010 160 lb. Division 1 State Champion for Cleveland. He set the all-time record with 125 takedowns in the Greater Chattanooga Area that stood until 2012 when another Cleveland wrestler, 4-time state champion Chris DeBien, broke it with 134 takedowns. 

“Our goal through the donation to Bradley Pride, along with the club’s own fundraising efforts, is to make it one of the highest funded kids club in the country,” said Jones. “We give the club the challenge to raise money on their own and we are always ready to double what they raise.”

Jones said winning is a three-pronged approach.

“It includes the high school head coach, the middle school head coach, and the kids club coach,” said Jones. “The kids club coach is the most important, because the coach is the one who gets the kids interested and teaches them about the joy of winning.”

Coach Smith offered a special thanks to the Foundation and to the Jones companies like Check Into Cash that have supported the club through the years. 

“Allan Jones has said many times that youth wrestling clubs are important because the wrestlers develop a love for the sport and build a strong work ethic that will carry them through life,” Smith said. “He also appreciates that we strive to teach young athletes moral character and good sportsmanship. Winning starts at this level.”

Toby Pendergrass, Director of the Jones Foundation, agreed with Smith.

“If there is a state championship won in wrestling, the Allan Jones Foundation wants it to be one of our three schools – and it all starts with the Kids Club,” said Pendergrass

Sommers     20

Sommers

35 minutes ago, DaBears1976 said:

Coach Smith offered a special thanks to the Foundation and to the Jones companies like Check Into Cash that have supported the club through the years.