AP Poll Postponed to Next Week

NWhoopaholic

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, pioneer42 said:

Polls are meaningless any way, IMO. Thanks for the info though.

I agree.  In fact, I think that they should be completely done away with.  Too many voters are too uninformed about teams in other parts of the state to make honest evaluations of the states talent.

2 hours ago, ReitzFan said:

I agree.  In fact, I think that they should be completely done away with.  Too many voters are too uninformed about teams in other parts of the state to make honest evaluations of the states talent.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I assure you they are not meaningless to the young people who are recognized for their accomplishments. They serve a purpose just as this website serve its purpose. As far as uninformed voters, we poll voters share information about the teams in our region with the other voters, this is obviously the only way the poll can be legitimate. Will everyone agree with it? Do people agree with national college polls always? It's better than nothing and there is no reason whatsoever to "do away with it."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I assure you they are not meaningless to the young people who are recognized for their accomplishments. They serve a purpose just as this website serve its purpose. As far as uninformed voters, we poll voters share information about the teams in our region with the other voters, this is obviously the only way the poll can be legitimate. Will everyone agree with it? Do people agree with national college polls always? It's better than nothing and there is no reason whatsoever to "do away with it."

You don't get a trophy for being the regular season State Champion do you? They are more of a distraction, IMO to the players. Good for fans I guess.

On 1/7/2019 at 10:12 PM, NWhoopaholic said:

Hey Vic, The same ones who call the polls "meaningless" will be arguing if their favorite team is listed #10 or not listed. Looking at your OP, I merely see an attempt to put out some info. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Americal198 said:

Hey Vic, The same ones who call the polls "meaningless" will be arguing if their favorite team is listed #10 or not listed. Looking at your OP, I merely see an attempt to put out some info. Thanks.

They are meaningless. My team will probably be ranked number 1 in polls when they come out. That don't mean nothing. I hope they are number 10.

2 hours ago, Americal198 said:

Our business is disseminating information and promoting high school athletics. Polls of all kinds are far from perfect but they get people talking, one way or the other. Yes, championships are won in competition but what's wrong with teams being recognized during the season for their accomplishments?

55 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Our business is disseminating information and promoting high school athletics. Polls of all kinds are far from perfect but they get people talking, one way or the other. Yes, championships are won in competition but what's wrong with teams being recognized during the season for their accomplishments?

Nothing wrong brother and if you are the one that is in charge of it it is not taking a shot at you by no means I am saying that the players heads might get a little lopsided. Just my take. I have 0 problem with the one's that decide the Top 10.

3 hours ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Polls do 1 of two things. Motivates a team that's not ranked and has played and feels they should be or gives a team that is ranked too much "swag", the big head! I agree, they mean nothing because the games still have to be played!

I hope we(South Side) is 5-7 in AA! Maybe we can be motivated by the lower ranking! It’s only one set of polls that I care about & that is being #1 at the final poll!!