Fayetteville Football

rebelboy121

12 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Lots of athletes over there. Each time we played them they had many athletes. They lacked coaching, discipline, and linemen. 

One problem to overcome will be the Lincoln County faithful trying to sabotage the program but they had some quality young skill players over the last few seasons who should be 16-17-18 year olds now if they stayed in school.

22 minutes ago, ocac said:

Morson made it very clear how important it was for him to "Double Dip" in his press release.  I hope he puts that passion into the school house and the football program.  Sounds like a short term marriage.  Make the money and go back home.  smh

If this is true they may have hired a dud.  He needs to be worried about winning games than he is double dipping. At least publicly.

On 1/8/2019 at 2:13 PM, Salem said:

His cupboard isn't bare. Their middle school has been conference champs (and I think undefeated) for the previous 3-4 seasons.

On 1/8/2019 at 2:46 PM, Salem said:

One problem to overcome will be the Lincoln County faithful trying to sabotage the program but they had some quality young skill players over the last few seasons who should be 16-17-18 year olds now if they stayed in school.

@Salem yes, we have been very fortunate to have a developed Middle school team;  they've had three consecutive undefeated seasons/championships.  Word on the street is that of the 11-13 eighth-graders from last year, only one or two are going or went across the river.  It's funny you mentioned our county neighbors and sabotage in the same comment.  It's been widely talked about that some of their players and/or coaches have actively pursued some of our City boys to transfer to their school.   A few have gone looking for greener pastures, but by the same token, some have come back.  The faithful are ever hopeful to bring back the glory years of the early nineties, when LC was well-known and a team to reckon with.  That was (over) twenty-five years ago.  As it is now, and five years after we established the City high school, we have consistently produced student-athletes that are able to compete.   One thing that grabs me is that they roster their ninth-graders, thus effectively making the kids ineligible for a time in case they do transfer back.  But hey, all's fair in love and war.  

I have not had the opportunity to meet Coach Morson, but from what I've heard after he met with all the students was that he was very positive and excited about the future of our program.  Around 50-60 kids stayed to talk with him about playing.  Time will tell if that translates into the weight room and football field.  He has been at Decatur HS for at least 20 years, most if not all of that time as the OC--very loyal to his head coach and the school.  I'm sure there will be some sort of learning curve getting used to 1-A Tennessee football, but a good coach is a good coach.  

The search for our coach did seem to take forever in my mind, and we had several excellent candidates that applied and interviewed, some two or three times.  Coach Randolph at Cornersville, the AD at Father Ryan, and a coach from Blackman HS among them.  All were this close to signing, and for whatever reason, changed their minds.  The conspiracy theorist in me thinks someone, somehow, talked them out of it at the eleventh hour.  Regardless of my crazy thoughts, I think it was worth the wait.  

@theAmbassador I'm still here, lurking in the shadows.  It might be time for a resurgence of the Tiger.  Glad to be (somewhat) back, though I never really left.  Peaks and valleys. . .