Rice leaving Wayne Co

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:41 PM, Southtowner said:

He has been there from 1993-2000 and 2006-2018.  At Perry County in between that time.

Wasn't Rice on the rumor radar to leave a few years back to be on Coach Creasy's staff at Oakland?

Edit: Yes he son was QB.

Also at Lake Co in between that time

2 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Wayne County put up 22 and 26 points respectively against two of the best defenses in the State in Huntingdon and Cornersville.   After the slow start including a bad loss to Summertown, they were clicking well in the last half of the season.  

With a good hire, they should be very competitive next year.

I saw two Wayne County games last season. Game 1 vs Summertown and game 12 vs Cornersville. I can't recall seeing one team show so much improvement at different points in the same season. Coaches there must be top notch.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been following ball across the state as long as some of y'all. But I must say this in the time I have followed more across the state, the only relevant teams I knew (relevant in competing for gold) has had a rice at HC and QB. I'm no Wayne Co historian I'm sure they've had their share of good teams but it's going to be interesting to see how this one goes