Camden Football

731rumors

22 minutes ago, 731rumors said:

McConnell?

Any other alumni out there?

If I were Camden, I would back up a mid size truck full of $ and dump it in McConnell's yard.  Camden cannot afford the Brink's Truck, but a mid size truck they could pull off.  They have a 1st class man/principal calling the shots in Shawn McDowell.  I think it can be a great job.  Great Community support.

2 minutes ago, ocac said:

If I were Camden, I would back up a mid size truck full of $ and dump it in McConnell's yard.  Camden cannot afford the Brink's Truck, but a mid size truck they could pull off.  They have a 1st class man/principal calling the shots in Shawn McDowell.  I think it can be a great job.  Great Community support.

Well said and I totally agree. 

Would love to see a list of coaches that apply, if this does happen.

I personally know of 2-3 alumni that would be very interested in the job. 

I would love to see Camden Football become relevant again.

I have been told half way through the season that in this event we would either a get Kevin Ward back who has been showing interest(dunno if that true or not) or Coach Wolfe who still lives close enough he can hit the High School with a rock.  Either way we will be in good hands. McConnell is an obvious choice but he has already got his own  program going on. I am interested for sure  if its true 

I would love to see Ward return to Camden, but I seriously doubt Ward would leave Crockett based on a couple of reasons:

1. He has one of the largest coaching supplements in the state and few districts can match his salary

2. He has very little responsibility during the school day at Crockett as opposed to Camden, where he would likely have to monitor ISS or be the graduation coach. Those jobs do not carry a lot of responsibility, but they are considerably more than is required of him now.

3. To my knowledge, he has turned down Milan (his Alma Mater) and Westview (previously the DC there). As well as many others that myself or others have no knowledge of. Why would he turn down these jobs, and then return to Camden?

Wolfe is a plausible scenario that I had not considered. He has done well at West Carroll considering the situation that he is. Would also go along with the rumors that I have heard about him having to do run the program almost entirely by himself because of a lack of coaches. Hopefully, he would at least get an interview.

3 hours ago, 731rumors said:

I would love to see Ward return to Camden, but I seriously doubt Ward would leave Crockett based on a couple of reasons:

1. He has one of the largest coaching supplements in the state and few districts can match his salary

2. He has very little responsibility during the school day at Crockett as opposed to Camden, where he would likely have to monitor ISS or be the graduation coach. Those jobs do not carry a lot of responsibility, but they are considerably more than is required of him now.

3. To my knowledge, he has turned down Milan (his Alma Mater) and Westview (previously the DC there). As well as many others that myself or others have no knowledge of. Why would he turn down these jobs, and then return to Camden?

Wolfe is a plausible scenario that I had not considered. He has done well at West Carroll considering the situation that he is. Would also go along with the rumors that I have heard about him having to do run the program almost entirely by himself because of a lack of coaches. Hopefully, he would at least get an interview.

Sounds like you know more than me but from what i heard he ( Ward) let it be known that if the job was open he would be interested not the other way around. I am doubtful myself  probably just wishful thinking.

Wolfe defiantly deserves a interview. Great guy,good teacher,the kids want to play for him and he has a great mind for the game.  Does more with less than any coach in the State from what i see. He would bring back all the athletes walking the halls and there are quite a few not to mention he is familiar with the staff we have.

Also out offensive Coordinator I can not tell you his name because I dont know it and even though I dont like the single A  that little feller is intense and focused as anyone I have ever met from what i have been told is a crazy to details and disciplinarian as they get..We have lacked discipline on the field for  few years and has cost us some close game  in my opinion 

2 minutes ago, Beagle said:

Sounds like you know more than me but from what i heard he ( Ward) let it be known that if the job was open he would be interested not the other way around. I am doubtful myself  probably just wishful thinking.

Wolfe defiantly deserves a interview. Great guy,good teacher,the kids want to play for him and he has a great mind for the game.  Does more with less than any coach in the State from what i see. He would bring back all the athletes walking the halls and there are quite a few not to mention he is familiar with the staff we have.

Also out offensive Coordinator I can not tell you his name because I dont know it and even though I dont like the single A  that little feller is intense and focused as anyone I have ever met from what i have been told is a crazy to details and disciplinarian as they get..We have lacked discipline on the field for  few years and has cost us some close game  in my opinion 

Totally agree with the statement on lack of discipline. From what I heard, that lack of discipline stems from Blow's lack of control over coaches/players. I think that Blow is a great guy, but ultimately the head coach must set the standard. 

In my opinion, the administration should consider someone with ties to the program, but no ties to the current staff. If a staff has been allowed to do as they wish, it can be very difficult to rein them in. At the very least, the new guy should be allowed to re interview the current staff. In my opinion, it would be tough for a guy like Wolfe to be objective with the current staff, as he worked alongside most of them.

Think back to when Ward got the job originally. Brought in Blow, Vassar, Knott, Sturdivant, Wyatt. He had to do that to be successful. A new coach must be allowed to bring in his guys to have a chance.