Camden Football

731rumors

4 hours ago, 731rumors said:

Totally agree with the statement on lack of discipline. From what I heard, that lack of discipline stems from Blow's lack of control over coaches/players. I think that Blow is a great guy, but ultimately the head coach must set the standard. 

In my opinion, the administration should consider someone with ties to the program, but no ties to the current staff. If a staff has been allowed to do as they wish, it can be very difficult to rein them in. At the very least, the new guy should be allowed to re interview the current staff. In my opinion, it would be tough for a guy like Wolfe to be objective with the current staff, as he worked alongside most of them.

Think back to when Ward got the job originally. Brought in Blow, Vassar, Knott, Sturdivant, Wyatt. He had to do that to be successful. A new coach must be allowed to bring in his guys to have a chance.

The staff will be hard to do . Most dont think about it but those jobs come with teaching positions.  The new coach just has to lay down the law in the interview he will weed them out over time. 

One coach told me this year our biggest problem is there are way to many chiefs on the sideline. I respect him and have no doubt this wasnt a back stab but that he had actually said it to all of them at one point because that big ole feller got no filter or reason to hold back.He isnt a paid coach.

Nothing I say here is a criticism of Coach Blow  and all back seat driving on my part >I think the world of him and his Family.  He has been working hard for a lot of years for our program and I am grateful.   He can match x's and o's with the best of em and if you dont believe that you never read a game plan he prepared or talked football with the man and he is far more qualified than any of us nit pickers :P

Camden is very well coached and their kids always battle you and play the game the right way.  They were that way under Coach Ward and it has continued under Coach Blow.  I don’t believe Coach Blow is going to step down as Camden’s football coach at the present time.  They return a great foundation and will be among the teams to beat in the region in 2019.  

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

The staff will be hard to do . Most dont think about it but those jobs come with teaching positions.  The new coach just has to lay down the law in the interview he will weed them out over time. 

One coach told me this year our biggest problem is there are way to many chiefs on the sideline. I respect him and have no doubt this wasnt a back stab but that he had actually said it to all of them at one point because that big ole feller got no filter or reason to hold back.He isnt a paid coach.

The staff is not hard to do, but it would require some commitment from the current admin. Those teaching positions are vital to get coaches in the building. Which is another problem that I have seen with the program.

Look outside of West TN for a moment and consider that most every turn around in the state begins with a massive staff change. One great example is Lebanon. 

I have also heard of one coach who will not be returning for sure do to his behavior. 

Lastly, any coach who would say something like that to anyone outside of the program shows you how bad things have gotten. That coach should also be removed from the program. Great coaching staffs keep problems in house and deal with them internally. Coincidentally, he is a non faculty coach that is not in the building. (Further proves my point)

8 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Camden is very well coached and their kids always battle you and play the game the right way.  They were that way under Coach Ward and it has continued under Coach Blow.  I don’t believe Coach Blow is going to step down as Camden’s football coach at the present time.  They return a great foundation and will be among the teams to beat in the region in 2019.  

You have personally seen them play the past two seasons?

3 hours ago, Beagle said:

Nothing I say here is a criticism of Coach Blow  and all back seat driving on my part >I think the world of him and his Family.  He has been working hard for a lot of years for our program and I am grateful.   He can match x's and o's with the best of em and if you dont believe that you never read a game plan he prepared or talked football with the man and he is far more qualified than any of us nit pickers :P

I agree that Blow is a first class human being. I know him personally and know several others who have played for him. However, it does not excuse mediocrity, a lack of discipline, and a bad on the field product in a region that they should be at least the 2 seed in.

56 minutes ago, 731rumors said:

The staff is not hard to do, but it would require some commitment from the current admin. Those teaching positions are vital to get coaches in the building. Which is another problem that I have seen with the program.

Look outside of West TN for a moment and consider that most every turn around in the state begins with a massive staff change. One great example is Lebanon. 

I have also heard of one coach who will not be returning for sure do to his behavior. 

Lastly, any coach who would say something like that to anyone outside of the program shows you how bad things have gotten. That coach should also be removed from the program. Great coaching staffs keep problems in house and deal with them internally. Coincidentally, he is a non faculty coach that is not in the building. (Further proves my point)

Of course teaching positions are vital to getting other coaches in the building  but you can not fire a teacher for need of a slot for a coach..bad form and horrible practice.   Putting winning football over good teachers is a joke if thats what you are saying you need to get your priorities  straight .

Edited by Beagle

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

You are right more than you are wrong so Im pulling for ya on this 

1 hour ago, 731rumors said:

You have personally seen them play the past two seasons?

This season the were fine.  They lost 6 games 5 of those losses were to teams playing in the third round of the playoff and 3 played in the forth round as well.  We only had 2 bad losses Huntingdon and Waverly..both those teams made deep 4th round runs and embarrassed a lot of football teams good ones at that . I see your true colors coming out now.   

11 hours ago, Beagle said:

Of course teaching positions are vital to getting other coaches in the building  but you can not fire a teacher for need of a slot for a coach..bad form and horrible practice.   Putting winning football over good teachers is a joke if thats what you are saying you need to get your priorities  straight .

Good coaches are good teachers. It goes hand in hand. Also, what are we basing being a good teacher on? Evaluation scores? EOC scores? What, in your opinion, makes them a great teacher?