District 8A how do these teams look

hammerhound

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, oleblue78 said:

Yeah they sure are asleep. Lol. But they are just following their leader. 

Y’all fired the best coach Moore County has had.  Say what you want about Slatten but his teams were always competitive and always played hard. I believe he got them to the state tournament a couple of times did he not?

10 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Y’all fired the best coach Moore County has had.  Say what you want about Slatten but his teams were always competitive and always played hard. I believe he got them to the state tournament a couple of times did he not?

Ain’t no y’all to it. School board controls these things. The hiring of Horton should show you where this program is headed. 

6 hours ago, ptguard12 said:

This is the worst Moore County team in as long as I can remember (and I've been around a LONG time), but to answer your question:  yes, they can beat Grace Christian.

There are many to blame for this team. This community has never supported these girls. They have always been thrown to the side by the previous 2 coaches. And yes Slatten was one of those. Then you had an AAU coach that cared more about developing other kids from different communities before MC’s own. They needed a coach that knows how to develop them. But if you’ve been around for awhile you’d know the hand they were dealt was pretty poor. They beat better teams in summer camp with the assistant coach that is on the bench right now. 

2 hours ago, oleblue78 said:

There are many to blame for this team. This community has never supported these girls. They have always been thrown to the side by the previous 2 coaches. And yes Slatten was one of those. Then you had an AAU coach that cared more about developing other kids from different communities before MC’s own. They needed a coach that knows how to develop them. But if you’ve been around for awhile you’d know the hand they were dealt was pretty poor. They beat better teams in summer camp with the assistant coach that is on the bench right now. 

Not sure why your reply is directed at me. I didn’t place any blame on anyone for anything going on at Moore County. I only stated a statistical fact that this is the worst Moore County team in as long as I can remember (a look at their past records from the past 30 years supports that). And answered the question asked by ECU about whether they could beat the #1 team from 7A, which is Grace Christian (and after seeing both play this year, I firmly believe they can beat them, easily in fact).

Edited by ptguard12

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:17 PM, oleblue78 said:

I would definitely disagree with your comment about community support. They have always had great support with people showing up an hour before games even started. They have some talent but it is young. Hard for A teams to not have some down years every now and then.

My guess would be MC will not be in the top 3.  Cascade, Eagleville, and Huntland. Just not sure how that is going to play out yet! Huntland needs to go hard all 4 quarters and their coach definitely needs to stop waisting time off the clock and start allowing his players to play instead of mumbling plays out the whole second half! Huntland should definitely not be this bad this year after only losing two starters! JMO 

Edited by reasonable14