Ezell Harding moving to eight man football

fredjones

8 hours ago, BDP2003 said:

Who even plays 8 man football around here? Are the teams any good? Seems like a big letdown to play 8 man...maybe I am wrong. 

Actually, Ezell's middle school team played 8-man games last year against some of the same schools that they'll be playing this year in the Middle Tennessee Athletic Conference. MTAC houses other sports too, but football came first for that league. This is the league that "Franklin" Grace played in before moving up to TSSAA, also Webb out of Bell Buckle is reportedly moving up this year. Schools have come and gone, but MTAC has had about a dozen football teams for the past four or five seasons. As far as talent goes, some of the teams have won invitation only national championships, and dozens of players have been signed to play college football in that same time frame.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 731rumors said:

Actually would have made a huge difference...

If you knew anything, you would know that by December 99% of schedules are locked in.

Additionally, do you know the logistics involved in playing a team in another state?

Yes, I know the logistics of playing a team from another state as I have participated in this numerous times!  Several schools in Tennessee do this every season so it's not like you are trying to reinvent the wheel or it's something new.  I am not defending Ezell Harding but I am tired of the crying.  There is nothing that can be done now so do your best to schedule another game or play an 9 game schedule.  At my age I remember when high school teams played only eight (8) regular season games and I don't recall the world ever coming to an end.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cbg said:

Yes, I know the logistics of playing a team from another state as I have participated in this numerous times!  Several schools in Tennessee do this every season so it's not like you are trying to reinvent the wheel or it's something new.  I am not defending Ezell Harding but I am tired of the crying.  There is nothing that can be done now so do your best to schedule another game or play an 9 game schedule.  At my age I remember when high school teams played only eight (8) regular season games and I don't recall the world ever coming to an end.  

Tell that to the seniors of those teams who will only have nine guaranteed games... 

Where I come from, each game is valued because 95% of the kids on the team will never put on helmets or shoulder pads after their senior season.

In my opinion, the players from these schools are being punished for another institutions lack of organization and communication. It upsets me because it is not what is best for those, kids which is unacceptable.

On 1/11/2019 at 11:50 AM, cbg said:

nice post......Fant & ND ant stressed bout no 9 or 10 game schedule for a few years.....and ponderin hard bout makin that 8 game a common thing

Booger just sayin :thumb:

On 1/11/2019 at 12:46 PM, 731rumors said:

Tell that to the seniors of those teams who will only have nine guaranteed games... 

Where I come from, each game is valued because 95% of the kids on the team will never put on helmets or shoulder pads after their senior season.

In my opinion, the players from these schools are being punished for another institutions lack of organization and communication. It upsets me because it is not what is best for those, kids which is unacceptable.

Schedule contacts are typically a two year thing. I'm not sure if this is the second season of the contracts, or if everybody is setting schedules for the next two seasons. Either way, it will be much easier for teams on E-H's schedule to find a replacement now, as opposed to in Aug or Sep, which would be the result if E-H tried to play 11 man football, and came out of fall practice, or week 3, with 7 capable players, and had to forfeit at that point.