Ezell Harding moving to eight man football

fredjones

13 minutes ago, fredjones said:

In the board of control minutes, there is an item about Ezell going to eight man football.  Sad demise to a once proud program.

Being honest here; but with where the physical location of Ezell Harding is and with all the private school competition in the Nashville area it's amazing that they are even able to keep the doors open.  If it were not for a few generous individuals Ezell Harding would have been forced to shut the doors ten years ago.  My advice to Ezell Harding would be to completely change directions and copy just what Mount Dora Christian Academy has done in Florida.  

3 hours ago, fredjones said:

In the board of control minutes, there is an item about Ezell going to eight man football.  Sad demise to a once proud program.

In my opinion, this is a pretty unprofessional move to wait so late to announce moving to 8 man. 

This leaves every other team in that region with an open slot on there schedule at a time when most teams have already finalized for the next two years.

Good luck finding games this late...

Actually they informed all the  schools in their region as well as the rest of the D2 schools of their intent well before scheduling happened after the season was over.

They are just going through the  process of  being allowed to participate in the  other sports post season. They could always just drop football completely. Their is no requirement to have a team. Their are still quite a few that do not.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

30 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

Actually they informed all the  schools in their region as well as the rest of the D2 schools of their intent well before scheduling happened after the season was over.

They are just going through the  process of  being allowed to participate in the  other sports post season. They could always just drop football completely. Their is no requirement to have a team. Their are still quite a few that do not.

I personally know two different coaches in the region that were not notified until December. Bush league.

3 hours ago, orangecrush said:

I know Friendship was told in December.  So, if the headmaster told you what Ezell was going to do they didn't tell everyone.

Honestly what would it have helped if your school had known in late October or early November?  Would you have been able to schedule another team?  See if a school in Kentucky or Alabama has an open schedule date.

19 minutes ago, cbg said:

Honestly what would it have helped if your school had known in late October or early November?  Would you have been able to schedule another team?  See if a school in Kentucky or Alabama has an open schedule date.

Actually would have made a huge difference...

If you knew anything, you would know that by December 99% of schedules are locked in.

Additionally, do you know the logistics involved in playing a team in another state?

20 minutes ago, cbg said:

Ezell was scheduled into the region games.  I know Friendship had them for week 5, then several weeks later Ezell notified all schools that moving to 8 man football could be a possibility.  Of course, this left every team in limbo all the while teams are scheduling.  Friendship and Overton had a tentative agreement if Friendship could get and answer within a reasonable manner.  A whole month went by before Ezell notified the schools.  Personally, I don’t care because Ezell did what was best for Ezell and that is understandable because they are trying to keep their doors open.  But, it mattered because teams are looking and pickings are slim.