Class AAA - Districts 1, 2, 3, 4 (Regions 1 and 2)

Red Rebels

16 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Were you at Viking Hall Friday night @tonybologna?  I am in agreement with you, it seems to me that DB has the best team in the district, but Tennessee High came in with a great game plan, stuck with the plan, the student section brought it and Foreman, who is almost money for DB, had one of those nights where he couldn't throw it in the ocean and there you have it.  They rebounded nicely against Jeff County on Saturday mercy ruling them by the end of the third quarter.

Science Hill beat Tennessee High earlier in the season, so technically, there is a three way tie atop District 1 right now in the loss column with DB, SH and Tennessee High.  DB goes to Johnson City Friday night in the marquee district game of the week against the Hill.  DB won the earlier matchup in Kingsport with perhaps their best crowd of the season thus far in attendance.  Will be interesting to see what kind of crowd shows up Friday night.

A sleeper to get the 4 seed in the district could be Crockett.  They just recently got two players back and have been playing much better as of late.

I wouldn’t want to play Crockett come tournament time. They recently snapped a 7 game losing streak beating Cherokee by 23 lost to Science Hill by 8 if Crockett could’ve hit some shots in 1st quarter they would’ve won. Played Tennessee High lost by 7 if it wasn’t for a technical which should’ve been a double technical been a closer game. Tennessee High called the cops on Crockett fans trying to get payback on our athletics director which threw some Tennessee High fans out of a baseball game last year. Crockett is a whole different team with those 2 football players just imagine if the other boy didn’t lock his knee up.

District 1 boys standings as of 1-14-2019

1. Dobyns Bennett 4-1, 16-3
  2. Tennessee High 4-1, 16-5
  3. Science Hill 4-1, 9-11
  4. Daniel Boone 2-3, 7-8
  5. Volunteer 2-3, 5-13
  6. David Crockett 2-4, 5-13
  7. Cherokee 0-5, 4-14

Games for this week:

Tuesday, January 15

• Dobyns Bennett at Volunteer
  • Cherokee at Science Hill
  • Daniel Boone at Tennessee High
  • Greeneville at David Crockett (non district)

Friday, January 18

• Dobyns Bennett at Science Hill
  • Daniel Boone at David Crockett
  • Volunteer at Cherokee
  • Tennessee High at Sullivan East (non district)

Saturday, January 19

• Daniel Boone at Gate City (VA) (non district)

6 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

District 1 boys standings as of 1-14-2019

1. Dobyns Bennett 4-1, 16-3
  2. Tennessee High 4-1, 16-5
  3. Science Hill 4-1, 9-11
  4. Daniel Boone 2-3, 7-8
  5. Volunteer 2-3, 5-13
  6. David Crockett 2-4, 5-13
  7. Cherokee 0-5, 4-14

Games for this week:

Tuesday, January 15

• Dobyns Bennett at Volunteer
  • Cherokee at Science Hill
  • Daniel Boone at Tennessee High
  • Greeneville at David Crockett (non district)

Friday, January 18

• Dobyns Bennett at Science Hill
  • Daniel Boone at David Crockett
  • Volunteer at Cherokee
  • Tennessee High at Sullivan East (non district)

Saturday, January 19

• Daniel Boone at Gate City (VA) (non district)

Crockett 6-13 thank you very much lol

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

What kind of crowds do they draw in that big arena. I have gym envy. Our bleachers are built for middle school kids. 

Not big unless it's for the Arby's.  Even the Buck Van Huss Dome in Kingsport doesn't draw many.  That place was dead Saturday for DB vs. Jeff County.  The only game this year that drew a pretty decent crowd was the Science Hill game and part of that was the fact they let all students in for free to try to fill the student section.

• Like 1

Region 4-AAA standings

Rank Team District Overall
1 Maryville 9-0 100.0% 19-1 95.0%
2 Bearden 8-1 88.9% 15-5 75.0%
3 Knoxville Catholic 7-2 77.8% 15-3 83.3%
4 West 6-3 66.7% 9-7 56.3%
5 William Blount 4-5 44.4% 11-9 55.0%
6 Farragut 3-6 33.3% 7-14 33.3%
7 Hardin Valley 2-6 25.0% 8-10 44.4%
8 Lenoir City 1-8 11.1% 5-11 31.3%
9 Heritage 0-9 0.0% 1-14 6.7%

Games this week:

Monday, Jan. 14

• West at Webb
  • William Blount at Sequoyah

Tuesday, Jan. 15

• Catholic at Maryville
  • Lenoir City at Farragut
  • Heritage at HVA
  • Austin-East at West
  • Bearden at William Blount

Friday, Jan. 18

• Heritage at William Blount
  • Farragut at Catholic
  • West at Hardin Valley
  • Lenoir City at Maryville
  • Bearden at East Hamilton

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Were you at Viking Hall Friday night @tonybologna?  I am in agreement with you, it seems to me that DB has the best team in the district, but Tennessee High came in with a great game plan, stuck with the plan, the student section brought it and Foreman, who is almost money for DB, had one of those nights where he couldn't throw it in the ocean and there you have it.  They rebounded nicely against Jeff County on Saturday mercy ruling them by the end of the third quarter.

Science Hill beat Tennessee High earlier in the season, so technically, there is a three way tie atop District 1 right now in the loss column with DB, SH and Tennessee High.  DB goes to Johnson City Friday night in the marquee district game of the week against the Hill.  DB won the earlier matchup in Kingsport with perhaps their best crowd of the season thus far in attendance.  Will be interesting to see what kind of crowd shows up Friday night.

A sleeper to get the 4 seed in the district could be Crockett.  They just recently got two players back and have been playing much better as of late.

I personally don't see either Science Hill or Crockett as threats in District 1-AAA. Now, when it comes to tourney time with the Conference & Regionals both of these teams could end up making it to the Regionals. But as far as the regular season goes it's going to be between DB & Tennessee High. DB just had a bad game & like you said a solid game plan from TH was able to work against them.

DB is not only the best overall team in District 1-AAA they are also the best defensive team. TH exposed them a little Friday night. DB had given up 60+ points in only 1 game before the TH game Friday night & that was in the Arby's Classic. I think DB will beat Science Hill by a pretty good margin regardless of the game being @ SH.

I think the top 4 teams from District 1-AAA are DB, TH, SH, & I'm going to go with Boone as the #4 team with Heglar being on that squad & can take them to some wins on his own. Crockett doesn't have that type player. Volunteer & Cherokee bring up the rear in this conference. Volunteer could actually end up knocking Boone out of that #4 spot but I don't think it's likely.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

What kind of crowds do they draw in that big arena. I have gym envy. Our bleachers are built for middle school kids. 

Viking Hall draws pretty good crowds for the Vikings home games. However, it's nowhere near as many fans as we see in the Arby's Classic of course. I have played in that arena multiple times back in my high school basketball playing days from 1986-1989 while attending Sullivan North. We were in the same conference as Tennessee High back then & the conference was called the Big 10 Conference.

I remember pretty big crowds for their games outside of the Arby's Classic too. I would say the arena is 1/2 full or a little better for most of their home games. If they play a team like DB or Science Hill then the crowds are even bigger. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tonybologna said:

I personally don't see either Science Hill or Crockett as threats in District 1-AAA. Now, when it comes to tourney time with the Conference & Regionals both of these teams could end up making it to the Regionals. But as far as the regular season goes it's going to be between DB & Tennessee High. DB just had a bad game & like you said a solid game plan from TH was able to work against them.

DB is not only the best overall team in District 1-AAA they are also the best defensive team. TH exposed them a little Friday night. DB had given up 60+ points in only 1 game before the TH game Friday night & that was in the Arby's Classic. I think DB will beat Science Hill by a pretty good margin regardless of the game being @ SH.

I think the top 4 teams from District 1-AAA are DB, TH, SH, & I'm going to go with Boone as the #4 team with Heglar being on that squad & can take them to some wins on his own. Crockett doesn't have that type player. Volunteer & Cherokee bring up the rear in this conference. Volunteer could actually end up knocking Boone out of that #4 spot but I don't think it's likely.

Crockett is a much better team now since the football boys came back to the team. Crockett already beat Boone 69-60 at Boone. Crockett beat Volunteer in Hardee’s by the mercy rule that was with the football players but lost 62-60 in the conference game that was a head scratcher.

• Like 1