Class AAA - Districts 1, 2, 3, 4 (Regions 1 and 2)

Red Rebels

1 hour ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Maryville over Catholic 65-62 in a barn burner 

It was a good game till that ref took over the last 25 seconds. That was not an intentional foul. Catholic’s freshman played well but so did Maryville. The action in fourth with both teams hitting clutch shots was playoff feel.

14 hours ago, stockton4182 said:

Crockett is a much better team now since the football boys came back to the team. Crockett already beat Boone 69-60 at Boone. Crockett beat Volunteer in Hardee’s by the mercy rule that was with the football players but lost 62-60 in the conference game that was a head scratcher.

I now think you're right about Crockett. Boone lost again tonight. It seems they have a one man show in Heglar with no help from anybody else. Crockett doesn't have a Heglar type player but they do seem to have a better overall team than Boone. Heglar scores 20+ just about every single game but they don't have but one other player that scores in double figures & that player doesn't do it consistently.

Crockett just has a few players that can score & also plays solid defense while Boone doesn't have that type team. So, I now say the top 4 teams from Region 1-AAA are DB, TH, SH, & Crockett.

Scores from Tuesday night:

Final
Inside the Game  Greeneville 13-6

Final
Inside the Game  Cherokee 4-15
Science Hill 10-11

Final

Final
Inside the Game  Daniel Boone 7-9
Tennessee 17-5

Final
Inside the Game  Dobyns-Bennett 17-3
Volunteer 5-14

DIVISION I · DISTRICT 2

Host

Final
Inside the Game  Morristown West 18-3
Cocke County 6-13

Final

7:30 PM
Inside the Game  Seymour 5-12

Inside the Game  Jefferson County 8-11

South Doyle 12-7

Final

DIVISION I · DISTRICT 3

Host
Final
Inside the Game  Campbell County 1-20
Carter 13-5

Final
Inside the Game  Knoxville Halls 2-17
Clinton 10-11

Final

Final
Inside the Game  Oak Ridge 15-4
Knox Central 12-8

Final

DIVISION I · DISTRICT 4

Host

Final
Inside the Game  Lenoir City 5-12
Farragut 8-14

Final
Inside the Game  Heritage 1-15

Final
Inside the Game  Knoxville Catholic 15-4
Maryville 20-1

Final
Inside the Game  Austin-East 16-2
West 9-9

Final
Inside the Game  Bearden 16-5

9 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

No major upsets out of District 1 last night.  The big 3 of Dobyns Bennett, Tennessee High and Science Hill all took care of business with relative ease.  Friday night is the first of three games which will decide the regular season champion as DB travels to the Hill.

I just don't see the "big 3" out of District 1 being able to stay with the "big 3" out of District 4 come tournament time. DB is slowly getting back to being a dangerous team after years of very poor coaching. Both Science Hill and DB needs to get those boys walking the halls interested in sports. That's on the coaches and the AD'S

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I just don't see the "big 3" out of District 1 being able to stay with the "big 3" out of District 4 come tournament time. DB is slowly getting back to being a dangerous team after years of very poor coaching. Both Science Hill and DB needs to get those boys walking the halls interested in sports. That's on the coaches and the AD'S

Oh I agree with you.  Pretty much anyone from Region 1's road ends when they have to face Maryville or Bearden.