Class AAA - Districts 1, 2, 3, 4 (Regions 1 and 2)

Red Rebels

12 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

Go check bracket from last year top 2 seeds gets bye. 

It doesn’t bother me if you are right...but the fact remains that the 2 seed is playing in round 1 vs 7 seed. I guess things change from time to time. It’s a reward for winning the regular season to get the bye. 2 seed won’t enjoy that reward. 

5 minutes ago, stockton4182 said:

According to who? 

D1-AAA tournament meeting from earlier this week. i guess it will be released in the morning or late tonight after all the games are played for the regular season

the girls bracket will have 1 and 2 seed bye only because of tie and coin toss. So they will reward both teams for being tied for #1(as long as they both win or loose tonight

10 minutes ago, LINEDAD said:

D1-AAA tournament meeting from earlier this week. i guess it will be released in the morning or late tonight after all the games are played for the regular season

the girls bracket will have 1 and 2 seed bye only because of tie and coin toss. So they will reward both teams for being tied for #1(as long as they both win or loose tonight

Wonder why they went back to this format 2 seed automatically qualified for region since 2015. I know why because it’s at Boone they’ve always been crazy lol.

Oak Ridge beats #8 ranked East Hamilton 69-50. We can't even get an honorable mention in the AP top 10, and that's the 2nd top 10 team we have beaten, along with Cleveland being the other, go figure. We also beat Brentwood Academy, and lost to Memphis Whitehaven by 3 points--a team that lost to Memphis East by 1 the other night. Oh well, polls mean nothing, just find that funny. We are 22-4 now on the season. OR has quietly had another really good year.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Oak Ridge beats #8 ranked East Hamilton 69-50. We can't even get an honorable mention in the AP top 10, and that's the 2nd top 10 team we have beaten, along with Cleveland being the other, go figure. We also beat Brentwood Academy, and lost to Memphis Whitehaven by 3 points--a team that lost to Memphis East by 1 the other night. Oh well, polls mean nothing, just find that funny. We are 22-4 now on the season. OR has quietly had another really good year.

I agree.  We just need to take care of business in the District Tournament and get that #1 position for 3-AAA in the Region Tournament.  But, after the December stumbles to Bradley Central and Anderson County, we have come together to be a pretty good team.

District 1 Finals from 2/8/2019:

• Science Hill 74, Cherokee 70 OT
  • Tennessee High 63, Daniel Boone 49
  • Dobyns-Bennett 80, Volunteer 37
  • David Crockett 59, Unicoi County 52 (non district)

Game for February 9, 2019

• Dobyns-Bennett at Elizabethton (non district)

District 1 standings as of 2/5/2019:

1. Dobyns-Bennett 11-1, 25-3
  2. Tennessee High 9-3, 23-7
  3. Science Hill 8-4, 13-15
  4. Daniel Boone 6-6, 11-12
  5. Cherokee 3-9, 9-18
  6. David Crockett 3-9, 6-20
  7. Volunteer 2-10, 6-21

From what I have heard, Cherokee won the coin toss over David Crockett, so the bracket for next week's tournament should look something like this:

First Round

• 1 Dobyns-Bennett (bye)
  • 4 Daniel Boone vs. 5 Cherokee
  • 3 Science Hill vs. 6 David Crockett
  • 2 Tennessee High vs. 7 Volunteer

Semifinals

• 1 Dobyns-Bennett vs. 4/5 Winner
  • 2/7 Winner vs. 3/6 Winner

Finals

• 1/4/5 Winner vs. 2/3/6/7 Winner

11 hours ago, SweetScience said:

This OR team is having a good year the teams prepxtra are ranking over them is kinda funny but i think Bearden and this OR team make it to state