Class AAA - Districts 1, 2, 3, 4 (Regions 1 and 2)

Red Rebels

13 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Oak Ridge beats #8 ranked East Hamilton 69-50. We can't even get an honorable mention in the AP top 10, and that's the 2nd top 10 team we have beaten, along with Cleveland being the other, go figure. We also beat Brentwood Academy, and lost to Memphis Whitehaven by 3 points--a team that lost to Memphis East by 1 the other night. Oh well, polls mean nothing, just find that funny. We are 22-4 now on the season. OR has quietly had another really good year.

Glad to see OR having another good year. Aaron always gets the most out of his teams. Maybe we can get a rematch in the state tournament if we are both lucky enough to make it. 

4 hours ago, clevelandblueraiderfan said:

Glad to see OR having another good year. Aaron always gets the most out of his teams. Maybe we can get a rematch in the state tournament if we are both lucky enough to make it. 

Thanks bud! Cleveland has been impressive this year as well. I know y'all are playing much better now than when we played you guys earlier in the year, but still a quality win for the Cats. Best wishes the rest of the way.

4 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Oak Ridge is underrated. Getting out of the Region might be tougher than Sectionals with four very strong teams, and a bunch more good teams.

Yeah, as good as we have been this year we will be hard pressed to beat either Maryville or Bearden in the regions. I'm sure we will give it all we got though.

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Thanks bud! Cleveland has been impressive this year as well. I know y'all are playing much better now than when we played you guys earlier in the year, but still a quality win for the Cats. Best wishes the rest of the way.

That trip was definitely the turning point in our season. Best of luck to the Cats the rest of the way.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Maryville will fight it out for potential state tournament team with Oak Ridge, Dobyns Bennett or Catholic.  Bearden will make it for sure. They are much better with a healthy Drew Pember. 

Catholic certainly has the potential to beat everyone on this list. I don't see anyone beating Bearden out of ET. A healthy Pember puts them in a different league for sure.

It will never happen but I really wish TSSAA would restructure the district/regional tourneys so that only 3 district teams instead of 4 advance to the regional tourney with the district tourney champs getting first round regional byes. 

This would make the district consolation game an elimination game- the idea that a team can lose two games in the district tourney and still advance has never made sense to me. It would also end any temptation to “tank” in the district consolation game in order to avoid a clearly dominant team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norman Dale said:

It will never happen but I really wish TSSAA would restructure the district/regional tourneys so that only 3 district teams instead of 4 advance to the regional tourney with the district tourney champs getting first round regional byes. 

This would make the district consolation game an elimination game- the idea that a team can lose two games in the district tourney and still advance has never made sense to me. It would also end any temptation to “tank” in the district consolation game in order to avoid a clearly dominant team. 

It is odd. In wrestling a forfeit is part of the sport. In basketball, they will kick you out of the tournament. 

Final 4AAA District Standings

1. Bearden 23-5 (15-1)

2. Maryville 26-2 (15-1)

3. Catholic 22-5 (12-4)

4. West 12-14 (9-7)

5. Farragut 12-17 (8-8)

6. William Blount 15-14 (7-9)

7. Hardin Valley 11-16 (4-12)

8. Lenoir CIty 7-19 (2-14)

Heritage 1-22 (0-16)

The district tournament will be held at William Blount High school starting Tuesday 2/12/19 at 7:30 8) Lenoir City vs. 9) Heritage the winner plays 5) Farragut on Thursday 2/14/19 at 6:00 also on Thursday at 7:30 6) William Blount vs, 7) Hardin Valley.  On Friday 2/15/19 the winner of 8/9/5 will play 4) West and the winner of 6/7 plays 3) Catholic at 9:00.  Semi Finals are Saturday at 7:00 and 8:30.

Edited by QSouth89