Class AAA - Districts 1, 2, 3, 4 (Regions 1 and 2)

Red Rebels

6 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

Bearden defeats Central 71-38; Maryville defeats Karns 80-72; Oak Ridge defeats West 78-63 and Catholic defeats Clinton 84-56. Tuesday night at Oak Ridge 6:00 Bearden vs. Maryville and at 7:30 Oak Ridge vs. Catholic 

Not trying to be a pain or sound smart but why did you quote my post that was about Region 1-AAA when you posted scores & upcoming games from Region 2-AAA? Just curious as to why my post was quoted when your post really had nothing to do with my post. Not a big deal but just find it interesting for you to quote my post. LOL! :wink:  

On 2/9/2019 at 10:21 AM, Red Rebels said:

Oak Ridge is underrated. Getting out of the Region might be tougher than Sectionals with four very strong teams, and a bunch more good teams.

On 2/22/2019 at 8:33 AM, Red Rebels said:

I think District 4 takes three out of four.  

12 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

Bearden defeats Central 71-38; Maryville defeats Karns 80-72; Oak Ridge defeats West 78-63 and Catholic defeats Clinton 84-56. Tuesday night at Oak Ridge 6:00 Bearden vs. Maryville and at 7:30 Oak Ridge vs. Catholic 

Two of these four go to state.

6 hours ago, tonybologna said:

Not trying to be a pain or sound smart but why did you quote my post that was about Region 1-AAA when you posted scores & upcoming games from Region 2-AAA? Just curious as to why my post was quoted when your post really had nothing to do with my post. Not a big deal but just find it interesting for you to quote my post. LOL! :wink:  

Because the thread says Class AAA District 1,2,3,4, (Region 1 and 2) that’s why. It’s easier to update both regions since eventually they’ll be playing in the sections.  If I offended  you my apologies. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tonybologna said:

16 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

Because the thread says Class AAA District 1,2,3,4, (Region 1 and 2) that’s why. It’s easier to update both regions since eventually they’ll be playing in the sections.  If I offended  you my apologies. 

Not offended at all. No apologies needed sir. You are right! This is a thread for the entire Class of AAA so it was definitely within the thread topic. My apologies if I made you feel bad about your post. Thanks.

14 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Region 1-AAA semifinals Tuesday 2/26/2019:

• Sevier County vs. Science Hill
  • Dobyns-Bennett vs. Morristown East

Beating a good team three times in one season is a hard thing to do, and that is what D-B is faced with on Tuesday night.

As for the second semifinal, I have no clue what to expect

I've already stated in a prior post that I personally think Morristown East matches up well with DB & they could pull the game off this time around. If both Connor Jordan & Cameron Rymer have really good games plus they get some help from someone like Brandon Ilic on the inside then they have the capability of knocking DB out of the playoffs. Of course, DB counters with Foreman, Wadworth, & Browder as their Big 3. Foreman has been basically unstoppable lately but Wadsworth has really been the key for this team especially the last few games.

He is a terrific defender. He is a solid rebounder, & he can score in a lot of ways. Browder is strictly an inside player & can play both ends of the floor but Ilic for ME counters Browder pretty well & actually has a bit more offensive game because he can face up & take the ball to the basket. Browder is more of a back to the basket type player on offense.

The other semifinal is really a toss up. Science Hill is very well capable of beating Sevier County as the higher seed. Science Hill has really came on strong in the postseason so far. I have thought all season long that Sevier County was a bit overrated & probably hasn't been tested quite as much as Science Hill but they both have had tough schedules.

The game being played @ Daniel Boone High School is more of a home game for Science Hill because it's a short drive for the team & their fans to Gray, TN. Sevier County has a decent little travel up I-81. I really don't see either team running away with this game. I think it's going to be a 1-5 point game. I'm giving Science Hill that slight advantage due to the game basically being almost like a home game for them. 

58 minutes ago, tonybologna said:

Not offended at all. No apologies needed sir. You are right! This is a thread for the entire Class of AAA so it was definitely within the thread topic. My apologies if I made you feel bad about your post. Thanks.

I've already stated in a prior post that I personally think Morristown East matches up well with DB & they could pull the game off this time around. If both Connor Jordan & Cameron Rymer have really good games plus they get some help from someone like Brandon Ilic on the inside then they have the capability of knocking DB out of the playoffs. Of course, DB counters with Foreman, Wadworth, & Browder as their Big 3. Foreman has been basically unstoppable lately but Wadsworth has really been the key for this team especially the last few games.

He is a terrific defender. He is a solid rebounder, & he can score in a lot of ways. Browder is strictly an inside player & can play both ends of the floor but Ilic for ME counters Browder pretty well & actually has a bit more offensive game because he can face up & take the ball to the basket. Browder is more of a back to the basket type player on offense.

The other semifinal is really a toss up. Science Hill is very well capable of beating Sevier County as the higher seed. Science Hill has really came on strong in the postseason so far. I have thought all season long that Sevier County was a bit overrated & probably hasn't been tested quite as much as Science Hill but they both have had tough schedules.

The game being played @ Daniel Boone High School is more of a home game for Science Hill because it's a short drive for the team & their fans to Gray, TN. Sevier County has a decent little travel up I-81. I really don't see either team running away with this game. I think it's going to be a 1-5 point game. I'm giving Science Hill that slight advantage due to the game basically being almost like a home game for them. 

No apologies needed it’s just social media. Besides I use to live in Johnson City and Morristown, (I have a previous connection to University School and Morristown East) so I follow some of the teams up there. I’ve seen D-B and Science Hill play this year, I haven’t had a chance to see Sevier County or Mo-East.

• Like 1