Class AAA - Districts 1, 2, 3, 4 (Regions 1 and 2)

Red Rebels

On 2/27/2019 at 11:55 AM, Red Rebels said:

Since my team is out, I am throwing all of my support behind one of our rivals!

026bb8df-5cc7-4e66-80ef-a28202e85a90.gif

RR:

We did it. We beat Bartlett at Bartlett (2nd rear in a row doing that) to make it into the final 8. Those young men played inspired, tough, hard nosed defense. My hat is off to the Whitehaven coach because he has his team well prepared and ready to go compete. To win by 16 points at the other folks house when they are 32-2 on the year speaks volumes. You have backed a good one! 

We thank you for your support!

Edited by kwc

35 minutes ago, kwc said:

RR:

We did it. We beat Bartlett at Bartlett (2nd rear in a row doing that) to make it into the final 8. Those young men played inspired, tough, hard nosed defense. My hat is off to the Whitehaven coach because he has his team well prepared and ready to go compete. To win by 16 points at the other folks house when they are 32-2 on the year speaks volumes. You have backed a good one! 

We thank you for your support!

Y'all are growing on me. I hope to see the big guy in orange!

7 hours ago, CU06 said:

Results from Monday:

Sevier County 62 Oak ridge 57

Bearden 46 Dobyns-Bennett 40

Cleveland 49 Blackman 42

Oakland 61 E. Hamilton 59

Brentwood 54 Station Camp 49

Franklin 63 Gallatin 42

Whitehaven 65 Bartlett 49

Memphis East 85 Bolton 67

Only Brentwood and Whitehaven were able to go on the road and win

I am honestly shocked that Sevier County is in the state tournament. They just didn't look like a state tourney team back in December when I seen them play. They have improved dramatically but I personally feel unless they get a very favorable draw this evening then they are gone in the 1st round.

DB just about pulled off a major upset @ Bearden. That was also a shocker to me. DB slowed the game down to a snail's pace & tried to run at least 1:00 minute off the clock each possession. It worked because Bearden got totally frustrated. Bearden being the up tempo & offensive juggernaut team they are was just not used to any team playing them like this. It was a great gameplan from DB coach Chris Poore. It almost worked. Now I wonder if any team in the state tourney will employ this same type of strategy when playing Bearden?

I wasn't shocked that Whitehaven beat Bartlett but I am a little shocked at the final score. I picked Bartlett to win but I also said before that Whitehaven is good enough to be in the State Championship game as well. Depending on the pairings to be released here soon I think Memphis East & Franklin could be the favored teams. Watch them end up being paired up in the quarterfinals. LOL!

3 hours ago, tonybologna said:

I am honestly shocked that Sevier County is in the state tournament. They just didn't look like a state tourney team back in December when I seen them play. They have improved dramatically but I personally feel unless they get a very favorable draw this evening then they are gone in the 1st round.

DB just about pulled off a major upset @ Bearden. That was also a shocker to me. DB slowed the game down to a snail's pace & tried to run at least 1:00 minute off the clock each possession. It worked because Bearden got totally frustrated. Bearden being the up tempo & offensive juggernaut team they are was just not used to any team playing them like this. It was a great gameplan from DB coach Chris Poore. It almost worked. Now I wonder if any team in the state tourney will employ this same type of strategy when playing Bearden?

I wasn't shocked that Whitehaven beat Bartlett but I am a little shocked at the final score. I picked Bartlett to win but I also said before that Whitehaven is good enough to be in the State Championship game as well. Depending on the pairings to be released here soon I think Memphis East & Franklin could be the favored teams. Watch them end up being paired up in the quarterfinals. LOL!

Sevier County could give Whitehaven fits.  However, I think the larger court at the glass house will affect their shooting.  I think Bearden handles Franklin.  Bearden/Whitehave will be a heck of a game.  Memphis East has a pretty clear path to the finals.  Remember, smart money is always on Memphis teams come state tourney time.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, boyfromsi said:

Sevier County could give Whitehaven fits.  However, I think the larger court at the glass house will affect their shooting.  I think Bearden handles Franklin.  Bearden/Whitehave will be a heck of a game.  Memphis East has a pretty clear path to the finals.  Remember, smart money is always on Memphis teams come state tourney time.

I think Whitehaven beats Sevier County by double digits. Yes, Memphis East seems to look like the favorite with their draw & side of the bracket.

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:32 AM, WillieTheWildcats said:

All I could find were several 1 minute highlights of their games at

www.hudl.com/team/v2/356015/Boys-Varsity-Basketball

One thing to keep in mind is that Sevier County is playing out of their minds right now. They found that magic in a bottle that makes an average team become a special team at just the right moment ( Tournament time).

Thanks Willie.You was right.Good yr for the Cats.We could've won that game easy but proud of this team.They made it about as far as I thought they would.Couldve went to state but didn't have much of a shot with no size.It was good to see a team and fans in Sevier Co enjoy just going to state as much as they did.We are spoiled with such a great girls and boys basketball program that we take goin to state for granted.Good luck to all the East TN teams.