Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Red Rebels

Class AAA - Districts 1, 2, 3, 4 (Regions 1 and 2)

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

Why not 4 for 4 like Wendy's lol

1. Because 5 Guys is better than Wendy's.

2. Because Campout is better than Wendy's.

3. Because In and Our Burgers are better then Wendy's.

4.Because Whataburger are better than Wendy's.

5. Because ( AND THIS IS HUGE ) Big Ed's Pizza is better than all the rest.

Oak Ridge ( District 3-AAA ) wins Saturday Night 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Here's my Region 1 picks (note I will probably fail miserably and y'all can make fun

of this old Virginia boy, Lol):

Okay where to start making fun of you??? You are VERY confused, how can you be an "old" Virginia "boy?" Oh, I don't have the heart to make fun of you. I enjoy reading your messages.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

1. Because 5 Guys is better than Wendy's.

2. Because Campout is better than Wendy's.

3. Because In and Our Burgers are better then Wendy's.

4.Because Whataburger are better than Wendy's.

5. Because ( AND THIS IS HUGE ) Big Ed's Pizza is better than all the rest.

Oak Ridge ( District 3-AAA ) wins Saturday Night 

 

5 Guys is too expensive (but delicious); I’ve never heard of Campout or In and Our Burgers; Whataburger is the worst tasting  burger I’ve ever eaten; I’ve never been to or eaten Big Ed’s (and no pizza place will ever come close to Italian Fiesta on the south side of Chicago) and you’re correct Willie, Oak Ridge wins Saturday night, but come on dude show a sense of humor life’s to short to have your happiness predicated on a high school athletic team’s performance.  lol smile brother I was only kidding sir.

Edited by QSouth89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 8:33 AM, Red Rebels said:

I think District 4 takes three out of four.  

I think you are right and although I definitely think OR will beat West, I also think West is very comparable to Karns and Karns gave OR a great game in 3AAA  championship so we will see. The Region tourney always is pressure packed- some  teams respond well to it, others don’t.

From Maryville’s perspective, assuming Rebels beat Karns, I would rather play Bearden at OR than at Bearden so I hope OR wins tonight from that standpoint. But I am a little apprehensive about this road game at Karns tonight because they seem to be playing their best basketball of the year right now and I don’t think that is the case with Maryville.

 

 

Edited by Norman Dale

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Norman Dale said:

I think you are right and although I definitely think OR will beat West, I also think West is very comparable to Karns and Karns gave OR a great game in 3AAA  championship so we will see. The Region tourney always is pressure packed- some  teams respond well to it, others don’t.

From Maryville’s perspective, assuming Rebels beat Karns, I would rather play Bearden at OR than at Bearden so I hope OR wins tonight from that standpoint. But I am a little apprehensive about this road game at Karns tonight because they seem to be playing their best basketball of the year right now and I don’t think that is the case with Maryville.

 

 

Any chance of flooded roads around the school? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to flooding Catholic’s game with Clinton has been moved to tomorrow at Catholic High School. 6:00 

Edited by QSouth89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Norman Dale said:

I think you are right and although I definitely think OR will beat West, I also think West is very comparable to Karns and Karns gave OR a great game in 3AAA  championship so we will see. The Region tourney always is pressure packed- some  teams respond well to it, others don’t.

From Maryville’s perspective, assuming Rebels beat Karns, I would rather play Bearden at OR than at Bearden so I hope OR wins tonight from that standpoint. But I am a little apprehensive about this road game at Karns tonight because they seem to be playing their best basketball of the year right now and I don’t think that is the case with Maryville.

 

 

Karns matches up with Maryville from a size standpoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2019 at 11:21 AM, SWVAHavokFan said:

Here's my Region 1 picks (note I will probably fail miserably and y'all can make fun of this old Virginia boy, Lol):

Quarterfinals:

  • Dobyns-Bennett over Morristown West
  • Morristown East over Daniel Boone
  • Tennessee High over Sevier County
  • Science Hill over South Doyle

Semifinals:

  • Dobyns-Bennett over Morristown East
  • Tennessee High over Science Hill

Finals:

  • Dobyns-Bennett over Tennessee High

I really had a hard time with TH and SC... I went back and forth over that one quite a bit.  The Vikings have definitely shown that they're capable by beating D-B during the regular season.  However, they had an awful district tournament showing, which is why I feel like they're probably ready to rebound and hit an upswing this week.  Really looking forward to the tournaments getting underway tomorrow.

I honestly think Morristown East has a real solid chance to beat Dobyns-Bennett in the R-1AAA Semfinals. This is going to be a really tough test for DB. The backcourt for Morristown East in Cameron Rymer & Connor Jordan are going to be tough to handle for Marae Foreman & Chase Jenkins. Plus Brandon Ilic will matchup well with Browder for DB @ the Center position. This game could be a barnburner! The sad thing is whichever team loses & their season is over. Both teams are good enough to make the State Tourney.

If Morristown East were to pull off the victory I predict them to meet Science Hill in the Regional Championship Game with Morristown East taking the title & hosting for the Sectionals. If DB were to win then I think they play Science Hill in the Championship Game & win to host in the Sectionals. What I'm basically saying is that whoever wins the DB-ME game is going to win the Regionals & have a home game for the Sectionals.  

Edited by tonybologna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tonybologna said:

I honestly think Morristown East has a real solid chance to beat Dobyns-Bennett in the R-1AAA Semfinals. This is going to be a really tough test for DB. The backcourt for Morristown East in Cameron Rymer & Connor Jordan are going to be tough to handle for Marae Foreman & Chase Jenkins. Plus Brandon Ilic will matchup well with Browder for DB @ the Center position. This game could be a barnburner! The sad thing is whichever team loses & their season is over. Both teams are good enough to make the State Tourney.

If Morristown East were to pull off the victory I predict them to meet Science Hill in the Regional Championship Game with Morristown East taking the title & hosting for the Sectionals. If DB were to win then I think they play Science Hill in the Championship Game & win to host in the Sectionals. What I'm basically saying is that whoever wins the DB-ME game is going to win the Regionals & have a home game for the Sectionals.  

Bearden defeats Central 71-38; Maryville defeats Karns 80-72; Oak Ridge defeats West 78-63 and Catholic defeats Clinton 84-56. Tuesday night at Oak Ridge 6:00 Bearden vs. Maryville and at 7:30 Oak Ridge vs. Catholic 

Edited by QSouth89
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×