Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Red Rebels

Class AAA - Districts 1, 2, 3, 4 (Regions 1 and 2)

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

I just noticed your D4 AAA thread. Oops. 

That's fine.  This thread should get everyone involved. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

How did Maryville beat Bearden?  I am assuming Pember was out at that time?  What is Maryville's overall record?

I think they are 18-1. Their only loss was to Baylor

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

How did Maryville beat Bearden?  I am assuming Pember was out at that time?  What is Maryville's overall record?

I'll let a Bearden fan answer that. It was an ugly game. A few T's a fan tossed. Bearden is battle tested and the tall guy is back. He was out at the first meeting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

I'll let a Bearden fan answer that. It was an ugly game. A few T's a fan tossed. Bearden is battle tested and the tall guy is back. He was out at the first meeting. 

Not a Bearden fan but I watched the game.  I think you have to give Coach Eldridge a lot of credit for his game plan , plus Joe Anderson played an outstanding game and the supporting cast contributed. Tactically, Maryville played box and one on Ques Glover and Bearden did not attack it well, IMO.

 

The rematch at Bearden on February 5, plus their inevitable game(s)  in the post season will be very interesting.  I have no idea how the upcoming  game(s) will unfold but IMO, if Bearden is even close to full strength, keeps their cool, plays their game, and refrains from all the extracurricular talking, taunting, etc.  they honestly should win. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Maryville at Farragut tonight. 

Pajama night for Farragut fans. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only marquee game in District 1 tonight is D-B at Tennessee High.  The Vikings were expected to make a run at the district in preseason, however a loss to Science Hill set them back.  A win tonight by the Vikings and there will be a three way tie atop the district in the loss column.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3AAA 

1) Oak Ridge 6-1 

2) Central 7-2 

3) Anderson County 6-3 

4) Powell 5-3 

5) Karns 5-4 

6) Clinton 3-5

7) Halls 1-7

8) Campbell County 0-8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4AAA Standings
Maryville 9-0 (19-1)
Bearden 8-1 (15-5)
Catholic 7-2 (15-3)
West 6-3 (9-7)
William Blount 4-5 (11-9)
Farragut 3-6 (7-14)
Hardin Valley 2-6 (8-10)
Lenoir City 1-8 (5-11)
Heritage 0-9 (1-14)
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CU06 said:

District 2-AAA standings

1 Morristown West 6-1 85.7% 17-3 85.0%
2 Morristown East 4-2 66.7% 13-8 61.9%
3 South Doyle 4-2 66.7% 11-7 61.1%
4 Sevier County 4-3 57.1% 12-5 70.6%
5 Jefferson County 3-2 60.0% 8-10 44.4%
6 Cocke County 1-6 14.3% 6-11 35.3%
7 Seymour 0-6 0.0% 5-11 31.3%

I know MWHS has the best record right now in District 2-AAA but MEHS just whipped them good the other night & MEHS is playing better than anybody right now from District 2-AAA. I think MEHS ends up winning the Conference over MWHS. That backcourt for MEHS is hard to handle.

In my neck of the woods in District 1-AAA Dobyns-Bennett has by far the best team but Tennessee High beat them Friday night by 1 point in a thriller. So, these 2 teams(DB & Tennessee High) are the cream of the crop in District 1-AAA.

In District 3-AAA there are a few contenders. I do think Oak Ridge might be the better contender but Anderson County & Knox Central also have chances as well.

In District 4-AAA it's Maryville, Maryville, & Maryvillle. LOL! :D In all seriousness though Bearden who won the Arby's Classic could end up being the team with the best chance to advance farther in the postseason. That backcourt duo of Glover & Stephny is probably the best in the state. If Bearden is clicking on all cylinders & everybody healthy I think they're a better team than Maryville.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, tonybologna said:

I know MWHS has the best record right now in District 2-AAA but MEHS just whipped them good the other night & MEHS is playing better than anybody right now from District 2-AAA. I think MEHS ends up winning the Conference over MWHS. That backcourt for MEHS is hard to handle.

In my neck of the woods in District 1-AAA Dobyns-Bennett has by far the best team but Tennessee High beat them Friday night by 1 point in a thriller. So, these 2 teams(DB & Tennessee High) are the cream of the crop in District 1-AAA.

In District 3-AAA there are a few contenders. I do think Oak Ridge might be the better contender but Anderson County & Knox Central also have chances as well.

In District 4-AAA it's Maryville, Maryville, & Maryvillle. LOL! :D In all seriousness though Bearden who won the Arby's Classic could end up being the team with the best chance to advance farther in the postseason. That backcourt duo of Glover & Stephny is probably the best in the state. If Bearden is clicking on all cylinders & everybody healthy I think they're a better team than Maryville.

 

Were you at Viking Hall Friday night @tonybologna?  I am in agreement with you, it seems to me that DB has the best team in the district, but Tennessee High came in with a great game plan, stuck with the plan, the student section brought it and Foreman, who is almost money for DB, had one of those nights where he couldn't throw it in the ocean and there you have it.  They rebounded nicely against Jeff County on Saturday mercy ruling them by the end of the third quarter.

Science Hill beat Tennessee High earlier in the season, so technically, there is a three way tie atop District 1 right now in the loss column with DB, SH and Tennessee High.  DB goes to Johnson City Friday night in the marquee district game of the week against the Hill.  DB won the earlier matchup in Kingsport with perhaps their best crowd of the season thus far in attendance.  Will be interesting to see what kind of crowd shows up Friday night.

A sleeper to get the 4 seed in the district could be Crockett.  They just recently got two players back and have been playing much better as of late.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements



×