Class AAA - Districts 1, 2, 3, 4 (Regions 1 and 2)

Red Rebels

6 minutes ago, KnoxBball1969 said:

Marcus Smith can ball. Great player and under recruited

Agreed Smith is a player. Has he signed anywhere yet?  I thought the 6’9 kid (Junior) for Knox Catholic was the next best player on the floor. That kid can flat out play as well. Bearden looks like the best overall team but with OR playing at home I give them a slight edge. 

14 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Agreed Smith is a player. Has he signed anywhere yet?  I thought the 6’9 kid (Junior) for Knox Catholic was the next best player on the floor. That kid can flat out play as well. Bearden looks like the best overall team but with OR playing at home I give them a slight edge. 

Marcus signed with Maryville College. Yeah, I was impressed with the big Catholic kid, he is really good. We (OR) really played good on defense tonight. Really proud of our guys. If we could've made most of our FT's that game wouldn't have even come down to the wire like it did, but that has been a problem all year long unfortunately. Gonna be a very tall order to beat Bearden, but we will lace 'em up, and I'm sure Coach AG will have em ready to play, he always does. Lotta heart on this OR team.

• Like 1

I think Bearden is just going to be too tough for Oak Ridge in the R2-AAA Championship Game. The backcourt of Glover & Stephney are just too good for Oak Ridge. I think Bearden takes the R2-AAA title & of course host the Sectionals. I don't think it's really going to matter that much who they face in the Sectionals either.

I see them State Tournament bound with a solid chance of winning the title. Whitehaven might be their toughest test come state tourney time because I don't see them getting beat either in the Sectionals. The only other team in my opinion from AAA that could beat Bearden in the state tourney would be Bartlett. Cleveland is a really good team too but they just don't have the talent of Bearden. 

As for R1-AAA, Morristown East just about pulled it off against DB in the title game just like I thought they had a chance in doing so. DB made enough defensive stops down the stretch to win the game. The biggest surprise to me was how easy of a time Sevier County had with Science Hill. I predicted this game would be no more than a 1-5 point game. I have to give Dobyns-Bennett the edge vs Sevier County for the Championship. I just don't think Sevier County has the athletes to beat DB. If DB is on their game then I see a double digit victory for DB in the R1-AAA title game. 

14 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Edited by tonybologna
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tonybologna said:

I think Bearden is just going to be too tough for Oak Ridge in the R2-AAA Championship Game. The backcourt of Glover & Stephney are just too good for Oak Ridge. I think Bearden takes the R2-AAA title & of course host the Sectionals. I don't think it's really going to matter that much who they face in the Sectionals either.

I see them State Tournament bound with a solid chance of winning the title. Whitehaven might be their toughest test come state tourney time because I don't see them getting beat either in the Sectionals. The only other team in my opinion from AAA that could beat Bearden in the state tourney would be Bartlett. Cleveland is a really good team too but they just don't have the talent of Bearden. 

As for R1-AAA, Morristown East just about pulled it off against DB in the title game just like I thought they had a chance in doing so. DB made enough defensive stops down the stretch to win the game. The biggest surprise to me was how easy of a time Sevier County had with Science Hill. I predicted this game would be no more than a 1-5 point game. I have to give Dobyns-Bennett the edge vs Sevier County for the Championship. I just don't think Sevier County has the athletes to beat DB. If DB is on their game then I see a double digit victory for DB in the R1-AAA title game. 

I like how you think... but I don't think the same way.  Lol.

Sevier County is going to be a tough tough matchup in my opinion.  And the way they just dominated Science Hill was amazing to watch.  I was shocked Tennessee High played them to a 2 point game at their place after seeing them last night.  The DB and East game was one of the best high school basketball games I have ever had the privilege to watch.  Great atmosphere and just a classic high level game with a lot on the line.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tonybologna said:

I think Bearden is just going to be too tough for Oak Ridge in the R2-AAA Championship Game... 

...I see them State Tournament bound with a solid chance of winning the title. Whitehaven might be their toughest test come state tourney time because I don't see them getting beat either in the Sectionals. The only other team in my opinion from AAA that could beat Bearden in the state tourney would be Bartlett.

Did you forget about Memphis East? I think East is the favorite then Whitehaven, then Bearden. Oak Ridge only lost to Whitehaven by four back in December. I think OR and Bearden both make it to state.

The following teams are still playing:

Whitehaven
Memphis East
Bartlett
Bolton

Brentwood
Franklin
Station Camp
Gallatin

East Hamilton
Cleveland

Bearden
Oak Ridge
Sevier County
Dobyns-Bennett

NOTE: Oakland vs Riverdale and Blackman vs. Siegel are playing tonight in elimination games. The winners play and then they get East Hamilton and Cleveland in Sectionals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

Did you forget about Memphis East? I think East is the favorite then Whitehaven, then Bearden. Oak Ridge only lost to Whitehaven by four back in December. I think OR and Bearden both make it to state.

The following teams are still playing:

Whitehaven
Memphis East
Bartlett
Bolton

Brentwood
Franklin
Station Camp
Gallatin

East Hamilton
Cleveland

Bearden
Oak Ridge
Sevier County
Dobyns-Bennett

NOTE: Oakland vs Riverdale and Blackman vs. Siegel are playing tonight in elimination games. The winners play and then they get East Hamilton and Cleveland in Sectionals.

Whitehaven did beat Memphis East by 5 the last time they played in the District Championship a couple weeks ago.  I think East and Whitehaven are the Favorites with Bearden being 3rd on that list

7 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Since my team is out, I am throwing all of my support behind one of our rivals!

026bb8df-5cc7-4e66-80ef-a28202e85a90.gif

I think everyone in Region 2 is happy about that.

Edited by KnoxBball1969