Trousdale County Coaching Search 2019

BCB~MVP

On 1/23/2019 at 3:50 PM, jimb1972 said:

Dr SATT will get a GOOD one, but question is how long will he stay. WE NEED continuity as much as anything at this point!  $$$ needs to be there, fans be supportive less abusive (only a handful) but a BIG negative week after week! A GREAT JOB, but room for improvement!

GO JACKETS!

At $62,000 / year sounds like money shouldn't be the problem. 

15 hours ago, football6 said:

Got other options. Thanks for the advice tho king of the north

Hope you talk to whoever the new coach is before you make a decision on the future. You have an awesome kid and would hate to see him wearing anything other than our purple and gold. 

But I understand you gotta do what's best for him. 

6 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

I don't think the front runner is on the staff right now.  If what I hear is correct, I think the front runner is a guy who won a state championship in 2016 with a smaller school and who is now coaching a 3A team in East Tennessee.  Time will tell.  And NO it is not Rankin that I'm referring to.  Same Region though.

Derek Rang would be a good one. 

2 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

My thoughts exactly!   I've heard he may be the front runner.  If so, I think that would be a pretty nice hire! 

He won’t stay long though. He has a knack for going places that supposedly have good young talent. Trying to win titles at a few different schools to build that resume. He wouldn’t be a long term solution either. 

45 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

He won’t stay long though. He has a knack for going places that supposedly have good young talent. Trying to win titles at a few different schools to build that resume. He wouldn’t be a long term solution either. 

So it would be a hire like last time?   Good resume good coach but gone in 2 to 3 years?

31 minutes ago, TC1993 said:

So it would be a hire like last time?   Good resume good coach but gone in 2 to 3 years?

I would say there would be a very good chance of him staying for 2-3 years then moving on up to a larger classification. Trousdale County, South Pittsburg, Greenback, and others are big time to a lot of small town people, but unfortunately they are stepping stone type jobs for a lot of coaches. As you have seen recently. 

3 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I would say there would be a very good chance of him staying for 2-3 years then moving on up to a larger classification. Trousdale County, South Pittsburg, Greenback, and others are big time to a lot of small town people, but unfortunately they are stepping stone type jobs for a lot of coaches. As you have seen recently. 

I know I agree with you and you can't blame someone for wanting to move up! The seniors next year will have had 3 different HC in their career! Actually 4 if you want to count the interim the last few games of their freshman year! That is NOT good!