Trousdale County Coaching Search 2019

BCB~MVP

I will say of the names that i have been told from a very reliable source, 2 i would consider to be defensive minded, 2 i think would be more offensive and the others I'm not for sure. 3 have been on a Jacket staff in some form or fashion before. 1 has never been a Jacket but has faced them before. Also I believe 1 of the applicants is a very good motivator of men. 

20 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Then you wouldn't be interested in Jackson. TBH, Maynord would be  better than your last two.

Jackson isn't coming. We all know this. Maynard stacked his non region games. He would have a winning season slicing cupcakes like Gordy and get torched in the playoffs. Same thing happened with Rankin. They got their Gordy beatdown to be king of the county. 

14 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

Sounds like the next coach better have ties to program or you guys will not like the hire? 

King, the last 2 hires have been outsiders, way outsiders. Nobody from TC had heard of either prior to being named. Sadly the community didnt support either guy the way they should have. Thats not to say that if the next HC is an outsider, then they will not support them either. I think it totally depends on the person and their track record. But my mind tells me that the administration is looking to get back to tradition and the best way to do that is to keep this hire inside the family. Will i be upset if thats not the case? Nope. I think that they will pick the right person for the job and I will support the hire regardless. But I can't speak for others. I have read the same post you have and its obvious that some TC folks don't feel the same. 

Honestly though, we wont know if its a good hire until the season is in full swing and even then, we may not know for sure.

TC History Lesson: Many moons ago, a coach lead the Jackets to a 7-3 season in his first year. His 2nd year, he went 3-7. In Fact, his first 7 seasons as coach, the Jackets were 34-33-2. Thats below .500 win %. That coach ended up being the measuring stick of success in TC. He ended his HC career with a record of 222-86-4 including 1 State Title and 3 Runner-Ups, in 29 seasons. That was HOFer Jim B. Then following him, the Dr.'s first 4 season the Jackets managed a 21-19 record and failed to reach the playoffs each of those seasons. He had a decent stint as well amassing a 238-61 record with 5 Titles, in 24 seasons,  including 20 trips to the playoffs, a record that is still continuing to this day! 

So all that to say, its not where you start, its where you finish. If TC faithful will support the coaches and this hire regardless of what their name is and let them do their jobs, TC has proven that the talent is there and everything will work out exactly how the good lord will have it! 

27 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

King, the last 2 hires have been outsiders, way outsiders. Nobody from TC had heard of either prior to being named. Sadly the community didnt support either guy the way they should have. Thats not to say that if the next HC is an outsider, then they will not support them either. I think it totally depends on the person and their track record. But my mind tells me that the administration is looking to get back to tradition and the best way to do that is to keep this hire inside the family. Will i be upset if thats not the case? Nope. I think that they will pick the right person for the job and I will support the hire regardless. But I can't speak for others. I have read the same post you have and its obvious that some TC folks don't feel the same. 

Honestly though, we wont know if its a good hire until the season is in full swing and even then, we may not know for sure.

TC History Lesson: Many moons ago, a coach lead the Jackets to a 7-3 season in his first year. His 2nd year, he went 3-7. In Fact, his first 7 seasons as coach, the Jackets were 34-33-2. Thats below .500 win %. That coach ended up being the measuring stick of success in TC. He ended his HC career with a record of 222-86-4 including 1 State Title and 3 Runner-Ups, in 29 seasons. That was HOFer Jim B. Then following him, the Dr.'s first 4 season the Jackets managed a 21-19 record and failed to reach the playoffs each of those seasons. He had a decent stint as well amassing a 238-61 record with 5 Titles, in 24 seasons,  including 20 trips to the playoffs, a record that is still continuing to this day! 

So all that to say, its not where you start, its where you finish. If TC faithful will support the coaches and this hire regardless of what their name is and let them do their jobs, TC has proven that the talent is there and everything will work out exactly how the good lord will have it! 

Speaking the truth sir!!  Look like another day out of school in TC. Dr Satt will have a lot of time to for those interviews.  I’m with you I think they make the right hire and will have my full support as well 

25 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

If we go back and read you are the only one that has said you will support whomever the coach is. The others are the ones who seem to me that they will be upset if the hire is not a former/current Jacket of some sort. I did not know that history lesson and thanks for it.