Trousdale County Coaching Search 2019

BCB~MVP

Croz you may be right but to me it is more about the principle involved. On applications that i have filled out before there is usually a box that asks if the current employer may be contacted. I would be curious to know if something similar was included in the TC application process. If it were included and an applicant said the current employer was to not be contacted, to me this would be an infraction. Also, it should  be a coach's decision whether or not to tell an employer or to tell kids that you are thinking of leaving or leaving. I wonder how the H20 kids feel about one of their own wanting to go to their rival. Adults would understand a chance to be a head coach, 15 years olds maybe not.

At the end of the day I hate it for the coaches involved. I hope TC gets a good coach and I am sure they will. I don't agree with the way this process is going but I am luckily out of it. There are some good coaches on the list so it will be interesting to see who gets an interview. I wonder if Clint will actually interview Blake. Love to be a fly on the wall for that one!

15 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Croz you may be right but to me it is more about the principle involved. On applications that i have filled out before there is usually a box that asks if the current employer may be contacted. I would be curious to know if something similar was included in the TC application process. If it were included and an applicant said the current employer was to not be contacted, to me this would be an infraction. Also, it should  be a coach's decision whether or not to tell an employer or to tell kids that you are thinking of leaving or leaving. I wonder how the H20 kids feel about one of their own wanting to go to their rival. Adults would understand a chance to be a head coach, 15 years olds maybe not.

Spot on..  You don’t jeopardize a persons career no matter if it’s common knowledge or not. If others want to talk about it,so be it. As a leader or (superintendent in this case) I feel that it was handled poorly and if it was leaked, that person needs to be found and reprimanded!

Edited by H2Oman

Having just gone through this process over in Gallatin, I am very surprised a list was made public.  A few of us who actually were privileged to know some of the names were sworn to secrecy.  Some of the TC faithful were quick to comment on our thread, one in particular, and I wanted to say a few names just because I could, but I never would have done that.  I will say I really only know one name on the list and he is an obvious top name.  The rest I cannot comment at this time.  I do see problems that could arise out of this being made public.  With that amount of pay being on the table, which is more than anyone in Sumner Co makes, I now see why some people question things over there.  Only 19 applicants.   

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

Salem I know that all did not grant permission.

I had my doubts. One explanation was fine print on the application saying if you sign this the information may be made public. Again, highly unlikely.

If the paper went rogue, then their access to the program or at least the reporter's access should be limited. But someone provided the paper with a history of questionable decisions access to the list.

These aren't men applying for an office job or for the electric company. They are currently demanding loyalty and sacrifice from a group of kids to get ready for next season. They are preaching total commitment to their program and it doesn't look good for them to be testing the waters elsewhere.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

I think it usually becomes common knowledge who applies for these jobs. I, personally, don't see the problem with the list being in the paper. If anything is bush league, it would be retaliating against a coach because he applied for another job.

posters just have ax’s to grind, my friend.

44 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

most kids on h2o would probably like to follow the coach across the river. if we’re being honest.

:mrgreen:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Salem said:

I had my doubts. One explanation was fine print on the application saying if you sign this the information may be made public. Again, highly unlikely.

If the paper went rogue, then their access to the program or at least the reporter's access should be limited. But someone provided the paper with a history of questionable decisions access to the list.

These aren't men applying for an office job or for the electric company. They are currently demanding loyalty and sacrifice from a group of kids to get ready for next season. They are preaching total commitment to their program and it doesn't look good for them to be testing the waters elsewhere.

fwiw the paper isn’t based in trousdale county.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RTD said:

That I don't have a clue someone had to give the paper the list. Coach Satt could have given the list to the paper but it's not a big deal to me I like that the fans know the list.

Can't blame the journalist for printing it. I'm sure TC fans like seeing the possible choices and will begin their speculation.  I, as a TC fan, just want the best hire for the boys and the program. Tradition runs deep. Want it to continue. 

6 minutes ago, Purplegoldfootball said:

Can't blame the journalist for printing it. I'm sure TC fans like seeing the possible choices and will begin their speculation.  I, as a TC fan, just want the best hire for the boys and the program. Tradition runs deep. Want it to continue. 

Depends on how he got the information.

Also, can't blame the school in the future to say "No Comment" every time he asks a question.