Trousdale County Coaching Search 2019

BCB~MVP

1 hour ago, BCB~MVP said:

@oldfootballplayer Who was the coach from '55-'61? The information i had gathered said Jim B. was. I have Billy Matthews as HC in '54. If you have game scores and opponents, i'd love to know more. I have a spreadsheet that I'm building that contains all this information. I have complete season records back to '49 but no detail of opponents except for '63 (you provided that detail in another thread for me :thumb:).

If any other TC faithful have information as well on season opponents, All State Players or HC names prior to Jim B., let me know. 

I know that the '44 team was lead by Sloan Jobe, C.V. Baker was HC in '35, Eugene McIlwain in '31, Bill White in '22, & Rudy Blair in '20 & '21.

TC Football goes all the way back to 1909 and I'm trying to compile all the history into one location in hopes of sharing it with the public at some point. May have to pull a couple of strings and get it added to the schools website. 

I suggest you talk to Tommy Rush and John Oliver to get more TCHS football information. Tommy played when Jim B was assistant coach before I did. John Oliver/Trousdale County Historical Society has lots of yearbooks that contain coaches and team records information.

8 hours ago, Purplegoldfootball said:

I agree with you about Rang and Ross, but also think you gotta put John Carey in the mix. Former Championship player with close ties to TC and the program. 

Are you joking?  That Dr coach Clint is thinking about hiring the SOS (snake oil salesman).? He needs to call Grider and ask him about the SOS.  Them kinfolk is still tithing trying to pay off the SOS.  You think im joking but im not. 

41 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Are you joking?  That Dr coach Clint is thinking about hiring the SOS (snake oil salesman).? He needs to call Grider and ask him about the SOS.  Them kinfolk is still tithing trying to pay off the SOS.  You think im joking but im not. 

I was agreeing that they probably wouldn't stay around long. Don't believe Satt will go that route though. I think he's looking for home boys to take the helm. Jacket pride runs DEEP around here. Maybe he will ask Miss Baxie for her input. 

What’s the average tenor of a high school football coach?

its a mercenary profession in many regards.

i wonder how many kids that play four years play their entire careers with one coach. I’d say it’s 50/50 at best.

i played 4 years under a coach that we all knew was getting offers every offseason.

its part of the game.

acting like it’s such a travesty to kids that their coaches name is mentioned in a coaching search is a bit dramatic.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

i wonder how many kids that play four years play their entire careers with one coach. I’d say it’s 50/50 at best.

i played 4 years under a coach that we all knew was getting offers every offseason.

its part of the game.

acting like it’s such a travesty to kids that their coaches name is mentioned in a coaching search is a bit dramatic.

This. 

Chaos ensues, common sense the list being in the paper is 1 persons fault(editor), this editor has been very rogue with The Vidette, but that’s a different story it is unfortunate that the list was leaked and made public but with that aside, @Purplegoldfootball Asked earlier for my front runner, the front runner is 1000% Blake Satterfield, top 3 is Blake, Dyer, and Rang 

39 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

its part of the game.

You are correct, we had four different coaches in school, but the way this was handled was unprofessional to say the least!! 

Anyway you dish it, this was handled poorly!

Let’s be honest, if you knew your coach interviewed for the H2O job or whomever you see as a rivalry. It would be hard for you as a teenager to buy into the blood, sweat and commitment spill he was giving in August wouldn’t it???  

I have no problem as an adult with anyone of these guys trying to better theirselves, I just wished TC would of handled the hiring process more professionally and again I hope these guys had talked to their bosses before this was publicized!

54 minutes ago, Purplegoldfootball said:

I was agreeing that they probably wouldn't stay around long. Don't believe Satt will go that route though. I think he's looking for home boys to take the helm. Jacket pride runs DEEP around here. Maybe he will ask Miss Baxie for her input. 

That Dr coach Clint should hire that Satterfield man and he needs to get ms baxie and snoballs to coach the hole knockers.  If that Dr coach Clint hires the SOS you yellow jackets will be real disappointed.  Tell that Dr coach Clint to call Grider and ask him about the SOS.  You think im joking but im not. 

2 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

Chaos ensues, common sense the list being in the paper is 1 persons fault(editor), this editor has been very rogue with The Vidette, but that’s a different story it is unfortunate that the list was leaked and made public but with that aside, @Purplegoldfootball Asked earlier for my front runner, the front runner is 1000% Blake Satterfield, top 3 is Blake, Dyer, and Rang 

The editor was doing what he was supposed to do, writing articles that sale papers. The fault goes to whomever leaked this info!

4 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

The editor was doing what he was supposed to do, writing articles that sale papers. The fault goes to whomever leaked this info!

The editor is the one that leaked this is what I’m saying, me being somewhat close to the program I had the list Monday and could have put it on here but I didn’t, there was probably <10 of us that saw the list, but 1 of them was the editor, so I guess Clint most have wanted it public because he gave the list out 

Edited by TCRadio