Trousdale County Coaching Search 2019

BCB~MVP

11 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

FBI I also know Clint would not knowing do anything illegal. However in my opinion it was unethical. Oh well I am not affected so I'm out. Some of you just don't get it. Kind of wish someone that is affected would push the issue but none probably will. 

Is it unethical for some coaches to apply with the intent of getting paid more at their current employer and with no intent to actually become the head coach at TC? I am sure those guys (if there are any) wanted the list public. Maybe some of the current employers of the applicants push the issue on that.  

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BCB~MVP said:

@oldfootballplayer Who was the coach from '55-'61? The information i had gathered said Jim B. was. I have Billy Matthews as HC in '54. If you have game scores and opponents, i'd love to know more. I have a spreadsheet that I'm building that contains all this information. I have complete season records back to '49 but no detail of opponents except for '63 (you provided that detail in another thread for me :thumb:).

If any other TC faithful have information as well on season opponents, All State Players or HC names prior to Jim B., let me know. 

I know that the '44 team was lead by Sloan Jobe, C.V. Baker was HC in '35, Eugene McIlwain in '31, Bill White in '22, & Rudy Blair in '20 & '21.

TC Football goes all the way back to 1909 and I'm trying to compile all the history into one location in hopes of sharing it with the public at some point. May have to pull a couple of strings and get it added to the schools website. 

my father played 56-58 .( Edgar Setters & Jim Sat )   I tried to do a little research a few yrs ago on coaches of Hartsville / TC... This is what i came up with. it may not be correct so please feel free to correct me on anything.

R.N Chenault  1909-1918

R.M Blair  1919-1921

William "Bill" White  1922

Jack Batey  1923-1925

W.C Robertson 1926

R.J Simpson  1927

Price Womack  1928-1929

Gene Mcllwain  1930-1932

Hugh Wise  1933

C.V Baker 1934-1941

C.L "Pap" Cummins 1942-1944

Slone Jobe  1945

Joe Smith  1946-1949

Kirby Jordan  1950-1952

Jamie Wade  1952-1953

Billy Mathews  1954-1955

Edgar Setters / Jim Sat.  1956-1961

Jim Satterfield 1962-1967

Johnny Bean / Jim Sat  1968-1971

Tony Majors / Jim Sat  1972-1975

Jim Sat  1976-1982

Clint Sat  1983-2007

Kevin Creasy 2008-2014

David Barker 2015-2016

Brad Waggner  2017-2018

??  2019

19 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Rang and Ross are talent chasers. They tend to leave when the talent is not as good. So I don't know if Coach Satterfield will hire either of those guys. I understand why Rang wants out of Gp he will never beat Alcoa or AE. If they hire either one of those cats they will be doing this again in a couple years.

What is an acceptable length of tenure according to kingofthenorth before a coach moves on?

I guess it depends on your motives. I mean the GREATS don't move around that often, they build and keep adding to the talent. To each their own. Rankin has been head coach at 3 schools Smith co, Riverdale, and Alcoa. His shortest tenure was Smith county and he was there for 7 or so years. Riverdale from 90-05, Alcoa 06- present. GQ all at Maryville correct? Coach Clint and Jim satterfield all at TC. Carlton Flatt BA and eagleville for a year or two. What do I know just an innocent by stander.