Trousdale County Coaching Search 2019

BCB~MVP

1 hour ago, kingofthenorth said:

I guess it depends on your motives. I mean the GREATS don't move around that often, they build and keep adding to the talent. To each their own. Rankin has been head coach at 3 schools Smith co, Riverdale, and Alcoa. His shortest tenure was Smith county and he was there for 7 or so years. Riverdale from 90-05, Alcoa 06- present. GQ all at Maryville correct? Coach Clint and Jim satterfield all at TC. Carlton Flatt BA and eagleville for a year or two. What do I know just an innocent by stander.

Excellent list.  Great athletic talent and pay make a job one arrives at to stay.  If you are missing one of those ingredients you are a stepping stone for a great coach that does not have ties to a certain community.

1 hour ago, BigStickDiplomacy said:

Excellent list.  Great athletic talent and pay make a job one arrives at to stay.  If you are missing one of those ingredients you are a stepping stone for a great coach that does not have ties to a certain community.

Very true the talent and pay do make a difference. Once again depends on motives...if one had good pay and decent athletes a coach may never leave and vice/versa could have great talent and low pay and win a bunch of titles. Just depends on who you are and what you want as a coach. 

3 hours ago, BigStickDiplomacy said:

Bingo.. I couldn’t agree more. 

5 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

Rang and Ross are talent chasers. They tend to leave when the talent is not as good. So I don't know if Coach Satterfield will hire either of those guys. I understand why Rang wants out of Gp he will never beat Alcoa or AE. If they hire either one of those cats they will be doing this again in a couple years.

Rang won a title at Dresden.  Not exactly the most powerful football program in the state.  You can say “Dresser Winn” if you like but he’s an OVC level QB at best and I assure you that OVC level talent does not always equate to state titles.  Not even in 1A.  When Patrick Willis played at Bruceton they were loaded.  He went on to play major college and NFL football.  They won 0 state titles.

51 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Rang won a title at Dresden.  Not exactly the most powerful football program in the state.  You can say “Dresser Winn” if you like but he’s an OVC level QB at best and I assure you that OVC level talent does not always equate to state titles.  Not even in 1A.  When Patrick Willis played at Bruceton they were loaded.  He went on to play major college and NFL football.  They won 0 state titles.

Yes I know these things. Dresser also had an offer from Fleck at the time and decided to stay home. Willis whole dream was to play at UT and they didn't even sniff him so he went to Ole Miss and the rest is history. You are not enlightening anyone with your knowledge. Didn't you use to comment on all cheatham co threads? If I remember correctly you also went to APSU.

6 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Yes I know these things. Dresser also had an offer from Fleck at the time and decided to stay home. Willis whole dream was to play at UT and they didn't even sniff him so he went to Ole Miss and the rest is history. You are not enlightening anyone with your knowledge. Didn't you use to comment on all cheatham co threads? If I remember correctly you also went to APSU.

I am far from an enlightened individual I will be the first to admit.  

I did used to attend high school in Cheatham County many moons ago and helped out with the football and softball programs at CCCHS.   I have since also coached football at Lebanon, Kenwood, Stewart County (also served as the head baseball coach) and currently I’m at Fairview HS.  

53 minutes ago, kingofthenorth said:

Ahh yes I know who you are. I was pulling for you guys at Fairview this year in the playoffs was hoping you would make it to Cookeville. I will say you do have very good knowledge of what goes on around you. I just wish I knew more in West TN don't have as many friends on that side of the state.

Thank you for your support.  We were close for sure

7 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

Rang and Ross are talent chasers. They tend to leave when the talent is not as good. So I don't know if Coach Satterfield will hire either of those guys. I understand why Rang wants out of Gp he will never beat Alcoa or AE. If they hire either one of those cats they will be doing this again in a couple years.

I garuntee you that Dr coach Clint better call Grider about the SOS. Them fellars around the jailhouse are still tithing to the SOS.  You think im joking but im not. 

9 hours ago, Ole3putt said:

my father played 56-58 .( Edgar Setters & Jim Sat )   I tried to do a little research a few yrs ago on coaches of Hartsville / TC... This is what i came up with. it may not be correct so please feel free to correct me on anything.

R.N Chenault  1909-1918

R.M Blair  1919-1921

William "Bill" White  1922

Jack Batey  1923-1925

W.C Robertson 1926

R.J Simpson  1927

Price Womack  1928-1929

Gene Mcllwain  1930-1932

Hugh Wise  1933

C.V Baker 1934-1941

C.L "Pap" Cummins 1942-1944

Slone Jobe  1945