Trousdale County Coaching Search 2019

BCB~MVP

6 hours ago, football6 said:

I be glad when we get a coach and move on. Spring practice right around the corner.

Didnt that Dr coach Clint say he would have a coach to coach those boys by Friday? That man I talked to at Ronnies red eye heard it was going to be that Hackett man or that Satterfield man.  You think im joking but im not. 

On 2/2/2019 at 4:32 PM, TheAmbassador said:

He’s chasing trophies. Everyone should understand that’s what he’s doing. He went to Dresden when they just happened to have the best class in the history of that school. LMBO

Derek Rang knows how to win. He won at Powell and they terminated him over some technical class room B.S. and it took them 5 years to win how many he did the year they made the stupid mistake of letting him go. Rang ended up at Dresden from East Tennessee, a school 99% of East Tennessean's have never heard of until he landed there so I doubt very much he knew there was this special class of Super Human Beings that were about to come through especially since they were 6-6 the year before he got there. Then they went 11-2 and 15-0. I'm pretty sure Derek was glad to get on anywhere after the big screw job at Powell in Knoxville but it ended up they screwed their own selves. Derek Rang played under George Quarles at Maryville and and knows the Colonel's secret recipe. As for Gatlinburg-Pittman I'm sure he wanted to return back to East Tennessee and get closer to home but I wouldn't have wished that place off on my worst enemy. They can only understand Benny Hammonds way up there and it will take a while to get past that thinking and mindset before he has a fair chance to win there. I would cut my losses and get out of there if I were him and not look back. All the man wants is a place with a halfway winning additude and he can do the rest but most places are full of Good Ole Boys and that's why most of these Good Ole Boys Claim to Fame to fame is their band or their girls softball team.

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Derek Rang knows how to win. He won at Powell and they terminated him over some technical class room B.S. and it took them 5 years to win how many he did the year they made the stupid mistake of letting him go. Rang ended up at Dresden from East Tennessee, a school 99% of East Tennessean's have never heard of until he landed there so I doubt very much he knew there was this special class of Super Human Beings that were about to come through especially since they were 6-6 the year before he got there. Then they went 11-2 and 15-0. I'm pretty sure Derek was glad to get on anywhere after the big screw job at Powell in Knoxville but it ended up they screwed their own selves. Derek Rang played under George Quarles at Maryville and and knows the Colonel's secret recipe. As for Gatlinburg-Pittman I'm sure he wanted to return back to East Tennessee and get closer to home but I wouldn't have wished that place off on my worst enemy. They can only understand Benny Hammonds way up there and it will take a while to get past that thinking and mindset before he has a fair chance to win there. I would cut my losses and get out of there if I were him and not look back. All the man wants is a place with a halfway winning additude and he can do the rest but most places are full of Good Ole Boys and that's why most of these Good Ole Boys Claim to Fame to fame is their band or their girls softball team.

Like I said I think Rang is a good coach and would be a frontrunner if I was doing the hiring. I think it is between him and Satterfield. 

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

2 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

Like I said I think Rang is a good coach and would be a frontrunner if I was doing the hiring. I think it is between him and Satterfield. 

yawn. :bored:

Edited by snoball5278

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

You’re entitled to your opinion, but everyone in west TN knew those kids were destined to win a gold ball. They were an unbelievable group from the youth leagues all the way up. Coach Rang saw an opportunity at Dresden to take a super talented group of boys and win a gold ball. I’m not saying it’s wrong.. I’m just saying that’s what he did. People have heard over and over how good Trousdale’s upcoming junior class has always been. This is the exact same scenario as he inherited at Dresden. He sees a chance to be successful and is trying to seize it. Again, I’m not saying he’s wrong.. I’m just saying that’s what’s happening. 

Just for Roy Dillard.. You think I’m joking but I’m really not. 

2 hours ago, kingofthenorth said:

Snoball you are on the inside...who is the next head coach going to be in your opinion.

not on the inside.

no idea. not certain the process is over yet.

my opinion is ultimately irrelevant.

and honestly I don’t know enough of the details to make a decision based on x’s & o’s.

i know there’s several names on the list that i think very highly of, both professionally and more importantly personally.

as i’ve stated earlier, my hope is that as much of last years staff remains as possible. 

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

You’re entitled to your opinion, but everyone in west TN knew those kids were destined to win a gold ball. They were an unbelievable group from the youth leagues all the way up. Coach Rang saw an opportunity at Dresden to take a super talented group of boys and win a gold ball. I’m not saying it’s wrong.. I’m just saying that’s what he did. People have heard over and over how good Trousdale’s upcoming junior class has always been. This is the exact same scenario as he inherited at Dresden. He sees a chance to be successful and is trying to seize it. Again, I’m not saying he’s wrong.. I’m just saying that’s what’s happening. 

Just for Roy Dillard.. You think I’m joking but I’m really not. 

Here's my opinion Bass... you are right, but half right. Rang was handed a loaded team, but also did a masterful job of motivating and instructing his athletes. I watched them completely dismantle a very, very good Wayne County team with discipline, scheme, and precision on both sides of the ball. The only meaningful score the Wildcats managed was on a long sideline bomb that Rice dropped in the bucket to his receiver in stride with the DB a half step behind, and he just outran him to the end zone. One play. The rest of the game was a beatdown of one of the best three or four 1A teams in the state, and then they went on to Cookeville and blasted Greenback. The only knock I've ever heard on Rang was two years after he was gone when some of the Dresden folks said that the negative behavior that imploded their Lions this past season was tolerated while he was there also... I saw them play three games in his final year there, and on not one play did I see anything of the sort.

If Rang is chosen, Trousdale will get a fine coach who can punch up their offense to a level that could get them back to the pinnacle in a hurry. Whether he would stay or not nobody could guess, but in my eyes, TC is a destination, not a step toward one.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, football6 said:

We should know soon whose gonna be the coach. He said we will know by Friday so we just gotta wait and see. All the rumors going around is not true.Everyone is just gotta wait and see.

I am hearing the new coach is notifying his current team at the end of the week that he will be leaving.  Of course that might be click bait. 

10 hours ago, snoball5278 said:

yawn. :bored:

I hope the best man gets the job but my guess is that you'll all be at the same point two years from now whoever you get. Call it trophy chasing or whatever your all's program has been very successful for many years and the bigger schools love to fish for great coaches out of those type programs just like Creasey. I personally would love to see Rang come back to Blount County and maybe revive one of those two failing programs but the trick there will be to run Shad or Hamontree off since horrible losing records won't do the trick.