Trousdale County Coaching Search 2019

BCB~MVP

Trousdale will be just fine. I haven't read where anyone said differently. Most of you that do not think it is a big deal it is only because you are not involved. 

I am sure TC fans were glad to know who all applied. But imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and you now had to go tell your boss you were looking for another job or had to go into a room with 15 to 17 year old that think the world of you and tell them the news of you wanting to leave is true. 

21 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Another great GIF, but when you mess with a person’s livelihood it is serious..  It’s really not about TC football!

lady, neither of those imebbed videos are considered GIF’s.

For a poster that loves to insinuate others are stupid and uneducated...

well, you get the point, or at least you should. maybe you don’t.

regardless, no one’s lively hoods are grossly affected by this. I know you desperately want to believe that, but it simply isn’t true.

at the very worst you could argue it was a tacky move. and you would have had an actual argument to make.

but you’ve gone all dramatic with this virtue signaling bs like

“what about the children!!!!”

and

”this will ruin lives!!!!!”

you’re motive is clear.

it’s really all about tc football and getting your digs in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, workinprogress said:

Trousdale will be just fine. I haven't read where anyone said differently. Most of you that do not think it is a big deal it is only because you are not involved. 

I am sure TC fans were glad to know who all applied. But imagine if the shoe was on the other foot and you now had to go tell your boss you were looking for another job or had to go into a room with 15 to 17 year old that think the world of you and tell them the news of you wanting to leave is true. 

Life is hard. Football teaches many lessons on and off the field. This is one of them. The world is not an ideal place. 

• Upvote 1

Snowball you are right life is tough. However I don't think it is as simple as you think. Let me throw this at you. Say there is a box on the application that asks for permission to contact your current employer. Say you do not check the box meaning you do not give permission because you don't want your boss or kids knowing you applied. Now it is printed in a newspaper for all to see. Suppose all of that is true, do you honestly not see where this is wrong. 

5 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Snowball you are right life is tough. However I don't think it is as simple as you think. Let me throw this at you. Say there is a box on the application that asks for permission to contact your current employer. Say you do not check the box meaning you do not give permission because you don't want your boss or kids knowing you applied. Now it is printed in a newspaper for all to see. Suppose all of that is true, do you honestly not see where this is wrong. 

I truly don’t think he does..  I don’t think he is as smart as he puts on!

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

suppose, the people listed did not check that box. or maybe those that did in fact check said box weren’t listed?

occums razor, my friend.

I truly believe kids dont care as much as you think about their coaches leaving or interviewing elsewhere. Heck Clint himself verbally took the Cumberland job at the end of the '97 or '98 season. In '98 TC won state and '99 made it very far as well (cant remember exactly how far). If not for one key injury, TC would have 3 peated. Then after the '01 season he accepted the Lebanon job before Wesley changed Clint's mind. The '02 team got beat in the semifinals in OT. My point is kids have a short memory. They are not as affected as much as you think. 

And I know Clint just enough that he would go by the book on releasing applicants names. If it were illegal, he would not have done it. And I believe he could care less what anybody thinks of him or his decision. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, FBI said:

I truly believe kids dont care as much as you think about their coaches leaving or interviewing elsewhere. Heck Clint himself verbally took the Cumberland job at the end of the '97 or '98 season. In '98 TC won state and '99 made it very far as well (cant remember exactly how far). If not for one key injury, TC would have 3 peated. Then after the '01 season he accepted the Lebanon job before Wesley changed Clint's mind. The '02 team got beat in the semifinals in OT. My point is kids have a short memory. They are not as affected as much as you think. 

And I know Clint just enough that he would go by the book on releasing applicants names. If it were illegal, he would not have done it. And I believe he could care less what anybody thinks of him or his decision. 

+1

semi’s in 99, south pitt got revenge for the year before and won state with their next game.

i remember when Clint told us he was torn about staying or going.

after 20 years of therapy I can finally talk about it. :rolleyes::roflol:

Edited by snoball5278