Trousdale County Coaching Search 2019

BCB~MVP

40 minutes ago, RTD said:

Maybe he is just doing his due diligence with interviews and making sure he has the right man for the job. Plus there is no rush he has time and he never set date really he said by the 8th or maybe later.

In my eyes, there does need to be a rush to make the right hire. They may have assistant coaches running the weight room right now, but the players do not have a head coach to hold the players accountable. If you have basketball or baseball players missing workouts right now, how much can an "assistant" coach actually do? Not much in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, FBI said:

In my eyes, there does need to be a rush to make the right hire. They may have assistant coaches running the weight room right now, but the players do not have a head coach to hold the players accountable. If you have basketball or baseball players missing workouts right now, how much can an "assistant" coach actually do? Not much in my opinion. 

The hire will be made this week. In all honesty it is probably already done. Just waiting to announce it

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FBI said:

How much could a head coach do with the same amount of players playing other sports? I'm sure the assistant coaches are holding the kids accountable in the weight room they may be doing a different lifting program than what the new head coach may implement but lifting islifting. 

2 minutes ago, RTD said:

How much could a head coach do with the same amount of players playing other sports? I'm sure the assistant coaches are holding the kids accountable in the weight room they may be doing a different lifting program than what the new head coach may implement but lifting islifting. 

there's plenty that can be done with a head coach. an assistant coach can only hold a player accountable to a certain extent without a head coach. it would be hard for an assistant coach to give out punishment without a head coach in place. if those basketball/baseball kids are skipping workouts without repercussion, then the program is falling behind. matter of fact they are 37 days behind right now. that is a lot time in the weight room you cannot make up. and lifting is not just lifting.