Trousdale County Coaching Search 2019

BCB~MVP

7 hours ago, RTD said:

One of the two you have to either teach or be an administrator to be a paid coach.

This is incorrect, again people don’t know what’s going on, you have to be a certified coach, I know because I had to take 2 certs to coach HS baseball, it is at schools discretion who is paid and with those certs after 5 years of being an assistant you can be hired as a HC, but again the school has to be ok with hiring a non teacher or non admin coach 

1 hour ago, TCRadio said:

This is incorrect, again people don’t know what’s going on, you have to be a certified coach, I know because I had to take 2 certs to coach HS baseball, it is at schools discretion who is paid and with those certs after 5 years of being an assistant you can be hired as a HC, but again the school has to be ok with hiring a non teacher or non admin coach 

I was talking about TC, not in general terms. Ever HC has been a teacher or administration in every sport in TC as far back as I can remember. I know you don't have to be a teacher or administrator for example. schools like Oakland 

1 hour ago, TCRadio said:

I know what's going on I’m not an idiot. I know every HC isn't a teacher or administration.

7 hours ago, RTD said:

I know what's going on I’m not an idiot. I know every HC isn't a teacher or administration.

wasn't calling you an idiot, just stating what i know from my experiences, and I believe @RunPassOption asked what my hotboard would look like, I honestly have no idea if theses guys would apply or even be interested but my top 3 would be: 1. Stephen Jackson(Oakland DC, still lives in Hartsville, may not be interested wanting something bigger)  2. Jason Dobbs(Moore County HC, TC guy, has had a couple decent seasons at MC, would Clint hire him back? He would bring in a very solid lineman with him)  3. Hackett(Watertown DC, has coached under Gary Rankins and helped turn H2O around, may be next in line at H20).  And Blake Satterfield would be in that 1 or 2 spot, but I know he doesn't want it, he could have had it the last search but said no. 

12 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

wasn't calling you an idiot, just stating what i know from my experiences, and I believe @RunPassOption asked what my hotboard would look like, I honestly have no idea if theses guys would apply or even be interested but my top 3 would be: 1. Stephen Jackson(Oakland DC, still lives in Hartsville, may not be interested wanting something bigger)  2. Jason Dobbs(Moore County HC, TC guy, has had a couple decent seasons at MC, would Clint hire him back? He would bring in a very solid lineman with him)  3. Hackett(Watertown DC, has coached under Gary Rankins and helped turn H2O around, may be next in line at H20).  And Blake Satterfield would be in that 1 or 2 spot, but I know he doesn't want it, he could have had it the last search but said no. 

I could see Dobbs. I know he was at the Trousdale/Whitwell game on his bye week 

I feel that this go around, the Jackets will hire someone that has some type of history with the program. They have gone outside the last 2 hires and for different reasons it didn't work out and quite honestly, neither guy had complete support from the community like he should have. I think the Administration is very aware of that and is taking that into consideration. If that's the case, then you can develop a good long list of guys that have either coached or played here at some point. This is just my opinion though and they may hire Gary Rankins for all I know. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TCRadio said:

Coach Dobbs would be a great hire. Blake would be great also but I don't think he wants to be an HC. Woodmore would have been a great choice but he took an HC job this year I don't know if he could even get out of the contract to come back home or even if he would want the TC job. I trust coach Satt will make a great hire it could be someone that nobody has considered like the hire of Waggoner and Baker one was a mistake and one was a great hire.