LOUDON HIGH BASKETBALL

orngnblk

What in the heck is going on!Word is Jason Vance (school board) has called the principle and asked that coach Graves be fired.Vance has a Freshman son on team that undoubtly got passed over for a dress spot and now he is seeing red.Loudon folks please sort this out.

The community seems to be behind the coach and Standing Tall and fighting hard. The same type situation happened in 2007 when coach Tony Williams was ousted at Lenoir City High School for typically the same reasons.I'm worried another great young coach is going to get canned over politics. That county is one of the worst I've ever seen or heard about!

Edited by orngnblk
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

What in the heck is going on!Word is Jason Vance (school board) has called the principle and asked that coach Graves be fired.Vance has a Freshman son on team that undoubtly got passed over for a dress spot and now he is seeing red.Loudon folks please sort this out.

The community seems to be behind the coach and Standing Tall and fighting hard. The same type situation happened in 2007 when coach Tony Williams was ousted at Lenoir City High School for typically the same reasons.I'm worried another great young coach is going to get canned over politics. That county is one of the worst I've ever seen or heard about!

Crazy stuff!!! Graves is a rlly good guy and doesn’t deserve this. They will keep him I think

Another case of poor administration in Loudon Co. What Mr. Vance thought was going to go his way last night turned real quick! The entire crowd lit up when the motion was made to suspend Mr. Vance! Josh Graves does an excellent job with those kids and his blood runs RED!! It did not pass due to a split vote. But the statement was made from the Loudon Community that this will not be tolerated!! GO BIG RED!!

29 minutes ago, tnredskin said:

Another case of poor administration in Loudon Co. What Mr. Vance thought was going to go his way last night turned real quick! The entire crowd lit up when the motion was made to suspend Mr. Vance! Josh Graves does an excellent job with those kids and his blood runs RED!! It did not pass due to a split vote. But the statement was made from the Loudon Community that this will not be tolerated!! GO BIG RED!!

WONDERFUL!!!ABOUT TIME!

OnB don’t forget he is the reason Coach McCollum got released of his duties at GB. He had a personal vendetta after Coach responded to our girls players’ parents to contact Mr. Vance in regards to their frustration with our old gym roof not getting repaired. Apparently our county maintenance was dragging their feet in repairing a roof leak after the gym floor had just been refinished. Weeks and weeks had gone by and the Hall of Fame tournament was coming up soon to kick start the season. Teams were traveling from all over and had made lodging accommodations. GB kept getting the run around and when parents asked what could they do to voice their support to get this done Coach stated they could contact Mr. Vance to discuss. Mr. Vance did not like dealing with those calls....uh buddy it’s part of the job!!!! So he set in motion a takedown of one of the best coaches who had served his school and county for over 30 years!!! He also gifted us Mr. Casteel. He appears to talk out of both sides of his mouth and he likes “yes men”. Scratch his back he’ll scratch yours. Cross him and you become a target. Karma comes around usually.....even years later. He has been abusing power for years to the detriment of others. Really sad and his kids will unfortunately suffer because teenagers can be brutal. 

14 minutes ago, ladykee said:

OnB don’t forget he is the reason Coach McCollum got released of his duties at GB. He had a personal vendetta after Coach responded to our girls players’ parents to contact Mr. Vance in regards to their frustration with our old gym roof not getting repaired. Apparently our county maintenance was dragging their feet in repairing a roof leak after the gym floor had just been refinished. Weeks and weeks had gone by and the Hall of Fame tournament was coming up soon to kick start the season. Teams were traveling from all over and had made lodging accommodations. GB kept getting the run around and when parents asked what could they do to voice their support to get this done Coach stated they could contact Mr. Vance to discuss. Mr. Vance did not like dealing with those calls....uh buddy it’s part of the job!!!! So he set in motion a takedown of one of the best coaches who had served his school and county for over 30 years!!! He also gifted us Mr. Casteel. He appears to talk out of both sides of his mouth and he likes “yes men”. Scratch his back he’ll scratch yours. Cross him and you become a target. Karma comes around usually.....even years later. He has been abusing power for years to the detriment of others. Really sad and his kids will unfortunately suffer because teenagers can be brutal. 

They don’t come much better than Coach McCollum.....

• Like 1

I have no idea how anyone could go after a coach with an unblemished record.  Let the coach do his job.  Parents are crazy.  We don't have to like it when we feel our kids are not getting what they think they deserve, trust me I have been there, but I'm the dad, not the coach.  Seems to me Graves has the correct formula for the Redskins right now.  

On 1/12/2019 at 9:22 PM, IrishBBall said:

They don’t come much better than Coach McCollum.....

You are correct,i transferred my son from LC after they did the same thing to Tony Williams a VERY good young coach,teacher and a good christian man.I played for Eddie and i didnt want my son to play for anyone else other than Tony or Eddie.

I didnt recall the Vance deal at GB if so i hope they run the weasel off!

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

You are correct,i transferred my son from LC after they did the same thing to Tony Williams a VERY good young coach,teacher and a good christian man.I played for Eddie and i didnt want my son to play for anyone else other than Tony or Eddie.

My wife coached against him for years at Catholic. I was fortunate enough to coach his daughter and several of his players in AAU.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 6:38 PM, orngnblk said:

You Greenback guys might want to talk to your School board member Mr. Moffett.  His "no" vote on suspend Vance ultimately caused him not to be suspended.