LOUDON HIGH BASKETBALL

orngnblk

1 hour ago, Redskin15 said:

You Greenback guys might want to talk to your School board member Mr. Moffett.  His "no" vote on suspend Vance ultimately caused him not to be suspended.

No surprise there! He will not rock the boat and will side with admin 99.9% of time. Now our former board member, Lisa Russell, she would vote her conscious and judge fairly. 

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

We take care of the ones who take care of us.So we wont forget.lol

It's sad that our team and our town has had to deal with this on a team that is 19-0.  Coach Millsaps made a great speech at the school board meeting and he ended with this quote from Abraham Lincoln:   “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.” He received a standing ovation!

On 1/17/2019 at 2:37 PM, Redskin15 said:

It's sad that our team and our town has had to deal with this on a team that is 19-0.  Coach Millsaps made a great speech at the school board meeting and he ended with this quote from Abraham Lincoln:   “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.” He received a standing ovation!

Coach Milsaps has always been a great man with words and quotes.  He is a leader of people... he and I didn't see eye to eye sometimes, but I respect him greatly.  As for Coach Graves, I hope he understands that what he has done for that community has been special.  They are a proud group.  He is a good young coach who is willing to learn and ask the right questions. He will be successful; there or somewhere else.  I'm actually surprised by Mr. Vance.  Is there more to the story that what we don't know?  I hope the TEAM finishes strong. Make Redskin Nation proud. 

All of this drama regarding Loudon basketball is really a shame. This program is having a phenominal year and the kids and coaching staff and administration should be enjoying this special year instead of having to devote time and energy and emotional fuel to get through this. No one knows how the rest of this year will turn out nor will we know how much this distraction will alter the path of their season. I feel bad for the players involved and also the young player all of whom were dragged innocently into this controversy. In my opinion the sooner people can let go of what has happened and put it in the rear view mirror the better. As we all know a season like this doesnt happen all that often.

Regarding the gift of Mr. Casteel I would like to say he has accomplished a lot since he has been at Greenback. Their test scores are way above where they were before he arrived. In order to get Greenback where they are today he had to install discipline and insist that the kids came to class on time and did the work assigned. Part of the discipline involved insisting that teachers do more and therein lies the resentment towards him in my opinion. Greenback not only has excelled academically under Mr. Casteel but their sports programs as a whole have been outstanding. Test scores are up graduation rates are up and more kids are graduating college ready. Mr. Casteel is a good man and deserves credit and more support from the community than he currently gets.

Edited by Deplorableone
Better grammar