East TN Class AAA Region 1 & 2 (Districts 1, 2, 3, 4)

TribalEmpire

36 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

D-B is very hit or miss most nights.  They either play outstanding as they did against Cherokee Friday night or they play horribly as they did last night.  I believe Science Hill is the better team, but they're not 22 points better as they were last night.

Agreed.... I don't think Whitson is going to go out very easily. I imagine she will do everything she can to keep her season going.

• Like 1

I will take Jeff Co to win and SH to finish runner up. SH hasn’t played a quality team in months. DB isn’t the same team since Johnson was injured. So please don’t say they are quality. It also just hit me that Fullen isn’t there that’s a big blow. I had no clue she moved to Gate City.. Mo West losing their PG has killed their hopes. They would have won the regional hadn’t she gone down. Boone could play spoiler if they get another shot at SH. They keep inching closer to them. Region 2 will sweep the sectionals though bc having watched some of them play, they are better all round than region 1 this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BasketballInsider37604 said:

I will take Jeff Co to win and SH to finish runner up. SH hasn’t played a quality team in months. DB isn’t the same team since Johnson was injured. So please don’t say they are quality. It also just hit me that Fullen isn’t there that’s a big blow. I had no clue she moved to Gate City.. Mo West losing their PG has killed their hopes. They would have won the regional hadn’t she gone down. Boone could play spoiler if they get another shot at SH. They keep inching closer to them. Region 2 will sweep the sectionals though bc having watched some of them play, they are better all round than region 1 this year. 

Thanks for the input.  I'm very much in agreement with you, except I will take the Hill to win the region.

My predictions are this:

• Science Hill over Morristown West
  • Daniel Boone over Morristown East
  • Sevier County over Cherokee
  • Jefferson County over Dobyns Bennett

Semifinals:

• Science Hill over Daniel Boone
  • Jefferson County over Sevier County

Finals:

Science Hill over Jefferson County

Yea good job. I watched SH tonight was really put off by the arrogance of their coaches and players. I have seen it before this year. Maybe they are having state fever but my mom always told me to stay humble or be humbled. Anyway rant over. I’ll go the same route as the district. Boone in an upset. If SH beats Boone, they will win the Region. 

• Like 1

Region 1-AAA girls semifinals tonight at Daniel Boone:

• Sevier County vs. Dobyns-Bennett
  • Science Hill vs. Daniel Boone

With Cherokee giving the Bearettes all they wanted on Friday night, I can't see D-B losing to them, but who knows?

I'm sure the Trailblazer student section will be out in full force tonight inside Bobby Snyder gymnasium.  This has all the makings of a huge upset, but I believe the Lady Hilltoppers prevail in the end.

30 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Region 1-AAA girls semifinals tonight at Daniel Boone:

• Sevier County vs. Dobyns-Bennett
  • Science Hill vs. Daniel Boone

With Cherokee giving the Bearettes all they wanted on Friday night, I can't see D-B losing to them, but who knows?

I'm sure the Trailblazer student section will be out in full force tonight inside Bobby Snyder gymnasium.  This has all the makings of a huge upset, but I believe the Lady Hilltoppers prevail in the end.

I'll roll with...

Dobyns Bennett over Sevier County

Daniel Boone over Science Hill

20 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

I'll roll with...

Dobyns Bennett over Sevier County

Daniel Boone over Science Hill

You got one out of two...

Dobyns Bennett defeated Sevier County and Science Hill beat Daniel Boone.  Neither game was particularly close.  Science Hill should have no problem winning the region on Wednesday night, so to the Maryville posters, should I expect to be travelling to your place or Oak Ridge on Saturday?  :-)