East TN Class AAA Region 1 & 2 (Districts 1, 2, 3, 4)

TribalEmpire

12 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

You got one out of two...

Dobyns Bennett defeated Sevier County and Science Hill beat Daniel Boone.  Neither game was particularly close.  Science Hill should have no problem winning the region on Wednesday night, so to the Maryville posters, should I expect to be travelling to your place or Oak Ridge on Saturday?  :-)

Yep... I thought Daniel Boone was going to get Science Hill the third time around but they didn’t. Are either of these teams capable of beating Oak Ridge or Maryville?

As far back as I can remember, this has to be the easiest path for a team to make the sectional round. SH didn’t have to go through West bc they lost their PG similar to SH last year. DB has no chance with either Maryville or Oak Ridge. SH matches up better with Maryville thank Oak Ridge bc OR has the personnel to handle smith. SH will need to avoid OR if they want a shot at state. I still think SH and DB lose to Region 2 teams. Last night Boone never took advantage of SH foul trouble and allowed bench players to make a difference. I still will go back to my statement about quality teams. Neither has played one in quite awhile.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

...so to the Maryville posters, should I expect to be travelling to your place or Oak Ridge on Saturday?  :-)

Maryville, Bearden, and Oak Ridge are all very close. I expect a very close ballgame. The game is at OR. The Lady Rebels should be used to the student's behind the goal by now, except this time they are playing the home team. LET'S GO RED REBELS!

• Like 1

Look forward to making the drive down to Oak Ridge Saturday, and especially excited to see Guinn play.  So, I think I saw someone mention on another thread not to use the GPS location for the school and that the gym was around back of the school?  Does anyone have the exact address?  Also, how close proximity is Big Ed's Pizza to the school?

Looks like I will take Maryville by 10 over SH

and OR 15+ over DB. SH will need to stay out of foul trouble against Maryville to even have a chance. I read today that SH was bragging about being on top. Last time I Checked they still need one more victory before they can celebrate. I just don’t seeing it happen. I was looking back at matchups and played last year around Christmas time and Maryville won. Did either team lose anyone from last year??

SH will need to watch 44 for Maryville she's a big girl and gets all the rebounds doesn't miss putbacks and is dead eyed from the free throw line. She'll have SH in foul trouble in a hurry. Just saying after watching. Otherwise welcome to Oak Ridge and enjoy Big Eds.

Edited by bounder
  • Upvote 1