Playoff crowds

Indian

Just now, Indian said:

To really get into the reasons they need to look at each individual school hosting and the matchups, in every game. 

How about staggering the days the quarterfinals and semifinals are played?  

Class 1A, 3A and 5A on Friday nights.

Class 2A, 4A and 6A on Saturday nights.

Push the DII championship games to Thursday every year or have them on a weekend of their own.  This way the days that are staggered for the public schools will not shorten the week for the public championship games. 

This will give folks an option to see more than 1 game per week during the quarter and semifinals.  

The only thing I see could be an issue would be severe weather.

The TSSAA has had issues with the playoffs for a number of years but the real problems are just beginning to surface.  My advice would be to combine everyone again and reduce the number of classifications for football to four.  Play two of the state championship games in the East and the other two games in the West.  Games should be played at the home filed of one of the schools.  Yes you would have people everywhere and a school would have the option of moving the game to a larger venue but the school would take on the financial liability of moving the games to another venue.  Also only take the top 2 teams from each district.  You must make going to the playoffs a major accomplishment and a very special event.  

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Indian said:

To really get into the reasons they need to look at each individual school hosting and the matchups, in every game. 

The matchups would be the most significant.  The travel involved for an early round knockout always affects the number in attendance.  

I can almost envision the format where you will stay within your own regional bracket for the first round.  

Problem throughout the state. Even traditional schools who love football have seen a decline. I know we have at TCHS! Many reasons for this. $$$, football interest waning, health concerns, rosters in decline, more for families to do, more things being offered in school (SOCIETY HAS CHANGED). Afraid the good ole days are over!

GO JACKETS!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, cbg said:

The TSSAA has had issues with the playoffs for a number of years but the real problems are just beginning to surface.  My advice would be to combine everyone again and reduce the number of classifications for football to four.  Play two of the state championship games in the East and the other two games in the West.  Games should be played at the home filed of one of the schools.  Yes you would have people everywhere and a school would have the option of moving the game to a larger venue but the school would take on the financial liability of moving the games to another venue.  Also only take the top 2 teams from each district.  You must make going to the playoffs a major accomplishment and a very special event.  

I have been saying this for a long time.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Indian said:

Its hard to believe the once proud Red Bank looks more like Dead Bank in the pic.