Oneida vs Scott Co

ozark

6 hours ago, ozark said:

Why do these two not play each other in any sport? They are located 8 miles apart. The football gate would be huge. Give me the history.

They played each other up until 1982.  Oneida got tired of getting their butt kicked the last few years leading up to that and refused to play.  If they would have continued playing Oneida would have started beating Scott High again in the next few years (including the last couple of years).    I know that Scott High would play again in a minute if Oneida would. 

3 hours ago, thatdevilforrest said:

They played each other up until 1982.  Oneida got tired of getting their butt kicked the last few years leading up to that and refused to play.  If they would have continued playing Oneida would have started beating Scott High again in the next few years (including the last couple of years).    I know that Scott High would play again in a minute if Oneida would. 

Seems silly that they don’t play. I would think it would be competitive and both programs would benefit from the gate/concessions.