Eagleville Football

RocketHouse

51 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

It is all a moot point. Eagleville is an established school. In order for them to have gone down to 1A they would have had to lose 20% or more of their student body as of the board meeting. They did not and so they were placed where they are supposed to be placed by rule. 

If I am correct the 1A numbers are 0-375. If Eagleville loses about thirty kids they would have 1A numbers. Not sure if that will happen or not. Either way they are where they are supposed to be.

Rockvale is different because it is not an established school. The TSSAA used their projected numbers to place them.

Eagleville is projected to lose 157 kids. Not 30. They are projected to lose close to 40% of their total enrollment. No way can you say they are where they are supposed to be.

TSSAA on one hand says we can’t go by projections but on the other hand says based on projections Rockvale will be moving to 6A.

This is a special case where the  current TSSAA  20% rule doesn’t apply and common sense has to be used. 

It doesn’t matter if every current football player stays  if the enrollment numbers for the school drops anywhere close to the projections they will in fact be a 1A school playing 2A ball for the next two years. 

Salem it actually does apply. The rule states that if an established school loses 20% or more of the enrollment then the school can move down one class. Eagleville has not lost students as of the time of the meeting so Eagleville was denied. I don't blame Eagleville for trying but they are where they should be based on the rule. They cannot go by projections for an already existing school. Now for Rockvale, projections must be used because there are no enrollment figures other than projections. It is what it is. 

42 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Salem it actually does apply. The rule states that if an established school loses 20% or more of the enrollment then the school can move down one class. Eagleville has not lost students as of the time of the meeting so Eagleville was denied. I don't blame Eagleville for trying but they are where they should be based on the rule. They cannot go by projections for an already existing school. Now for Rockvale, projections must be used because there are no enrollment figures other than projections. It is what it is. 

Great answer.

Link the TSSAA rule with the word "established' in there. I've seen the term "member school"  listed on several sites but have not seen the word established.

Rockvale was slated to participate in Class 5A - Region 5 in August. How long does it take to be established?

If the projections were deemed accurate enough by TSSAA to move them up to 6A three months later it's only logical the exact same projection could justify Eagleville dropping to 1A.

3 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

You want a link go find it. I'm not sure of the exact wording and don't care of the exact wording. Fact is Eagleville is a current school with a faculty and students. Rockvale is not. Stop whining. 

You've made posts with the word "established" like it's in the rule and I haven't been able to locate that rule. The wording used is "member school" not "established school" in all the links I have located. Is it truly established in the rule you keep citing or did you just make it up?

No whining I don't have any connection with either school. I can look at a situation objectively and discuss.

I agree with WIP.   By rule Eagleville is where they should be.   The intent of the rule is if enrollment is already established then the only way to move down mid classification is a 20% or more decrease AND the new enrollment number is sufficient enough to place you in a lower class.

Rockvale is placed in classification by projected numbers.

This is the way it has been done.  It's a hard line rule but it's a rule nonetheless. 

Sort of reminds me of a few years back when reclassification took place and a couple privates were allowed to play 2A when they actually had 3A numbers with the 1.8 multiplier. Which placed Cascade in the 3A class.

19 minutes ago, jimb1972 said:

TSSAA should have done right by Eagleville! Should be 1A! They rarely get it right thou!

GO JACKETS!

The TSSAA followed the letter of the law so to speak.  Had they went by projected numbers the opposite could be happening. Which is a school with 2A numbers playing in 1A.

The best remedy for this is have reclassification every 2 years. 

• Like 1

It is what it is, but it would be nice if every now and then a little common sense could be used. I don't see us loosing 157 kids, but we'll certainly loose more than 29 which is all it would take be 1A. If we don't loose any more than that, somebody's projections are WAY off, like in the next state way off.