Eagleville Football

RocketHouse

3 hours ago, rebelboy121 said:

Eagleville schedules all small schools for non region games, they will be okay.

They will likely finish in the top 4 of their region make the playoffs. That has more to do with the weakness of the region than TSSAA wisdom.

My primary complaint was TSSAA taking the Rutherford County projections for Rockvale and bumping them up to 6A while saying the exact projections don't matter to Eagleville. They took the same data and made opposite rulings that placed both football programs at a disadvantage for the next two seasons. It's not like the Eagleville projections were going to put them close to the cutoff. They are projected to lose more than 5 times more students than necessary to move down.

For someone that is not connected to Eagleville you sure act like it. What is the big deal with them being put where they belong in 2A? Is being in 2A really going to have a huge impact on them? The regions are already set and they already know their region opponents. To me I think this could be more of an advantage. Your region schedule is already set in place and all you have to schedule is non region games. If they had been put in 1A new region games would have had to have been set up plus non region. 

Rockvale opening in 6A will be tough but they have been placed in a good region and should compete for a playoff spot in year one. The 5A region would have been a lot of fun and it would have been with similar communities but I think the 6A region will be better financially. Again, I am not sure being put in a 6A region is a disadvantage entirely. I do see some positives. 

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

For someone that is not connected to Eagleville you sure act like it. What is the big deal with them being put where they belong in 2A? Is being in 2A really going to have a huge impact on them? The regions are already set and they already know their region opponents. To me I think this could be more of an advantage. Your region schedule is already set in place and all you have to schedule is non region games. If they had been put in 1A new region games would have had to have been set up plus non region. 

Rockvale opening in 6A will be tough but they have been placed in a good region and should compete for a playoff spot in year one. The 5A region would have been a lot of fun and it would have been with similar communities but I think the 6A region will be better financially. Again, I am not sure being put in a 6A region is a disadvantage entirely. I do see some positives. 

So playing in a region where most of your opponents now will have twice your enrollment is an advantage? Apparently Eagleville doesn't think it's an advantage since they petitioned to move down where their probable enrollment says they should be. If they want to play schools with twice their enrollment they can schedule them instead of TSSAA mandating they play them as region opponents.

Moving from 5A to 6A and playing defending 6A champion Oakland. Another advantage according to you? Which region teams do you have them beating on this playoff run?  

So you're a brand new school with no team, no offseason program and the choice to play:

Franklin County                    Lincoln County                                     Page                                         Shelbyville

White County                        Spring Hill                                             Columbia Central

OR you can play

Blackman High School (Murfreesboro, TN)
Cookeville High School (Cookeville, TN)
Oakland High School (Murfreesboro, TN)
Riverdale High School (Murfreesboro, TN)
Siegel High School (Murfreesboro, TN)

If you think it's an advantage to play group 2. Wow, just wow.

Playing opponents that you already know is an advantage over playing teams you do not know. As for enrollment numbers honestly I would have to look at who is in each region to tell you which region would be tougher to be successful in. Personally I would much rather play Brentwood than I would Alcoa. Id much rather play Antioch than Greeneville. Having more numbers does not always mean an advantage. Id rather have one hundred dollar bill than 100 pennies. Give me quality of quantity any day since you are obviously stuck on numbers. 

As for Rockvale I said the 6A region may be better financially so yes it could be an advantage. You being a numbers person I would think you would be smart enough to figure than one out. Also if you look at the rehion, you have to think Rockvale will fare well against CC and WC. I thibk they will compete with the other teams so yes I like their chances. 

It's been fun. Keep thinking Eagleville is poor pitiful little team that TSSAA is picking on. 

45 minutes ago, workinprogress said:

Playing opponents that you already know is an advantage over playing teams you do not know. As for enrollment numbers honestly I would have to look at who is in each region to tell you which region would be tougher to be successful in. Personally I would much rather play Brentwood than I would Alcoa. Id much rather play Antioch than Greeneville. Having more numbers does not always mean an advantage. Id rather have one hundred dollar bill than 100 pennies. Give me quality of quantity any day since you are obviously stuck on numbers. 

As for Rockvale I said the 6A region may be better financially so yes it could be an advantage. You being a numbers person I would think you would be smart enough to figure than one out. Also if you look at the rehion, you have to think Rockvale will fare well against CC and WC. I thibk they will compete with the other teams so yes I like their chances. 

It's been fun. Keep thinking Eagleville is poor pitiful little team that TSSAA is picking on. 

Do you work for TSSAA or did you just randomly show up in the 1A/ 2A thread all of a sudden passionate about their ruling?

It's one thing to debate whether the rule was applied fairly in these two cases. That's a matter of opinion. To argue both teams benefit from the TSSAA's decision is ludicrous.

Playing opponents you already know? What does that even mean? Their new coach was in in single A Wayne County until a few weeks ago and they don't have any players.

You'd rather have one hundred one dollar bills than one hundred pennies? I hope so.

While irrelevant it's the only comment that you've made that's made any sense in two pages. Injecting an irrelevant topic to a discussion to change the debate is a straw man tactic. Since you like analogies, would you rather have $250 or $500. Eagleville projected to have around 250 students next year; their region opponents' will on average have 500+ in attendance. (501, 531, 486, 494, 540)

Playing Alcoa or Greenville has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. That's a straw man argument, again. Irrelevant.

We have a list of teams that were in Rockvale's old region and their new region. That's the discussion. Which is easier? It's not even close.  At this point not knowing who is even playing for Rockvale they might beat Coffee County and Warren County. They're just as likely to have a running clock in the second half of the other region games. But it's a financial advantage?