AP h.s. boys basketball statewide rankings Class A (1/14/19)

Dunc4265

Class A

School Record Pts
1. Eagleville (3) 15-3 103
2. Humboldt (5) 14-2 102
3. Clay Co. (3) 18-2 91
4. Columbia Acad. 15-4 60
5. Summertown 16-3 44
6. Fayetteville (1) 16-3 44
7. Peabody 16-4 40
8. Westwood 15-1 39
9. McKenzie 14-2 32
10. Wayne Co. 12-2 27
Others receiving 12 or more points: University 15, Hancock Co. 13

41 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Clay County and Humboldt are the two best teams in Class A this year. Polls mean nothing it will all be settled on the floor. 

What would you say was Clay County's signature wins this season that would make them a Top 2 team in the state to you? Asking because I don't know the East TN teams as well as I do the Middle and West teams.

I know Humboldt has signature wins over Sacred Heart of Jesus, Haywood and Peabody. 

47 minutes ago, coachzero said:

15A in Memphis has to be the toughest division in 1A. You mean to tell me they don't have nobody? LOL This entire poll is laughable! TRUTH WILL COME TO LIGHT SOON!

As a voter from NW Tn I am somewhat familiar with Manassas & BTW but voters in other parts of the state are dependent on other sources. No one from Memphis media sent us information about Memphis teams and the Strength Rankings here on CoachT were not that high. I recognize the polls can be flawed and titles are won on the floor but they are not meaningless or laughable.

3 hours ago, coachzero said:

15A in Memphis has to be the toughest division in 1A. You mean to tell me they don't have nobody? LOL This entire poll is laughable! TRUTH WILL COME TO LIGHT SOON!

6A, from top to bottom , is the strongest (Single A) district in the state. May not have the best team in the state but the strongest district for sure.