Science Hill makes a mockery of our sport

WWarrior97

10 minutes ago, Norseman said:

It doesn’t matter if there were 5 or 50 kids on the team. All were exposed to flu! Why on God’s green earth would you want to expose more kids at this time of year? It’s not like moving the dual to next week would affect anything. 

If it was this dire, why even show up at all?  Haven't the coaches and staff also been exposed to the flu? Why not just call and forfeit the entire dual?  Why bring 8 wrestlers and only wrestle the one match you are sure of winning?  Why not shake hands?  Why not give the opposing coach a heads up?  All questions that have no valid answer in this situation because your coaching staff decided to throw a temper tantrum in front of the entire state and make our great sport look bad in the process.  

Did Science Hill practice on Monday?  Will they be practicing today?  The answer to these two questions should tell the entire story.  I am pretty sure I know the answer to the first and if it was SO bad that you are so concerned with "exposing" more, then why is your team still practicing?  

3 minutes ago, WWarrior97 said:

If it was this dire, why even show up at all?  Haven't the coaches and staff also been exposed to the flu? Why not just call and forfeit the entire dual?  Why bring 8 wrestlers and only wrestle the one match you are sure of winning?  Why not shake hands?  Why not give the opposing coach a heads up?  All questions that have no valid answer in this situation because your coaching staff decided to throw a temper tantrum in front of the entire state and make our great sport look bad in the process.  

Did Science Hill practice on Monday?  Will they be practicing today?  The answer to these two questions should tell the entire story.  I am pretty sure I know the answer to the first and if it was SO bad that you are so concerned with "exposing" more, then why is your team still practicing?  

These kids were around each other all day Saturday. Most were diagnosed on Sunday. The average incubation period for flu is two days. Let’s do some math. Diagnosed Sunday plus two days would put us to yesterday at best, today, which is Wednesday would be two plus full days. Was there practice Monday, not to my knowledge. There is usually more going on than others realize. People put their kids in a coaches hands to make the best decision for their kids regardless of what others may do or say. Btw still waiting on reply for your comment last year over the “same” issue.

1 hour ago, Norseman said:

These kids were around each other all day Saturday. Most were diagnosed on Sunday. The average incubation period for flu is two days. Let’s do some math. Diagnosed Sunday plus two days would put us to yesterday at best, today, which is Wednesday would be two plus full days. Was there practice Monday, not to my knowledge. There is usually more going on than others realize. People put their kids in a coaches hands to make the best decision for their kids regardless of what others may do or say. 

Good point and given all this wonderful information Norse, am I correct to assume Science Hill will again be forfeiting their matches tomorrow to Tennessee High & David Crockett.  If your coaches must make the best decision for your kids, using your timeline and medical knowledge, your team will still have the flu and will be highly contagious tomorrow.  

21 minutes ago, 1993Viking said:

Good point and given all this wonderful information Norse, am I correct to assume Science Hill will again be forfeiting their matches tomorrow to Tennessee High & David Crockett.  If your coaches must make the best decision for your kids, using your timeline and medical knowledge, your team will still have the flu and will be highly contagious tomorrow.  

Incubation period of two days means for symptoms to appear. And three days on average to be contagious. So contracting flu Saturday, and we are on Wednesday that’s four days. Good try on being a smart butt. So you are also saying that the coaches made the best decision in their opinion for their kids. Sometimes making the right decision outweighs what the popular decision is.

Edited by Norseman

24 minutes ago, Norseman said:

Incubation period of two days means for symptoms to appear. And three days on average to be contagious. So contracting flu Saturday, and we are on Wednesday that’s four days. Good try on being a smart butt. So you are also saying that the coaches made the best decision in their opinion for their kids. Sometimes making the right decision outweighs what the popular decision is.

:lol::lol::lol: Doctor Norseman :lol::lol::lol:

9 minutes ago, WWarrior97 said:

:lol::lol::lol: Doctor Norseman :lol::lol::lol:

Cute! Funny cause you obviously have no reply for complaining about something that you agreed with not even a full year ago. Sucks to eat crow. But laugh away and enjoy your little quips, just goes to show your thread was nothing but hot air.

13 minutes ago, Norseman said:

Cute! Funny cause you obviously have no reply for complaining about something that you agreed with not even a full year ago. Sucks to eat crow. But laugh away and enjoy your little quips, just goes to show your thread was nothing but hot air.

just cause Im curious. it was said they brought 8 right? why only wrestle one if you bring 8? I imagine the ones that were sick stayed home and didn't even bother going

Well, well, well, it seems you folks have created a mess over there!  I would also like to know why the other 8 didn't wrestle.  Was the host coach given a heads up or was this sprung on him at match time?

Please allow me to clarify another item here (I also have access to the CDC):

When Flu Spreads

People with flu are most contagious in the first three to four days after their illness begins.  Most healthy adults may be able to infect others beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 5 to 7 days after becoming sick. Children and some people with weakened immune systems may  pass the virus for longer than 7 days.

Symptoms can begin about 2 days (but can range from 1 to 4 days)  after the virus enters the body. That means that you may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before you know you are sick, as well as while you are sick. Some people can be infected with the flu virus but have no symptoms. During this time, those people may still spread the virus to others.

17 minutes ago, WrestlingGod said:

just cause Im curious. it was said they brought 8 right? why only wrestle one if you bring 8? I imagine the ones that were sick stayed home and didn't even bother going

I couldn’t tell you how may where there cause I wasn’t there. From what I gather it was one experienced kid and a bunch of inexperienced kids. Would you put your inexperienced kids out in shark infested waters if you didn’t need to? To me it boils down to a team licking their chops to beat up on inexperienced kids, Science Hill chose not to use their kids as bait and they got the W they so desperately wanted, just not how they planned it out. Sometimes when you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

5 minutes ago, Norseman said:

I couldn’t tell you how may where there cause I wasn’t there. From what I gather it was one experienced kid and a bunch of inexperienced kids. Would you put your inexperienced kids out in shark infested waters if you didn’t need to? To me it boils down to a team licking their chops to beat up on inexperienced kids, Science Hill chose not to use their kids as bait and they got the W they so desperately wanted, just not how they planned it out. Sometimes when you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

This post was stupid and we are all more stupid for reading it. Thanks. Oh and tell the other 7 kids to quit since they don't deserve the mat time or the experience. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ObserverW said:

Well, well, well, it seems you folks have created a mess over there!  I would also like to know why the other 8 didn't wrestle.  Was the host coach given a heads up or was this sprung on him at match time?

Please allow me to clarify another item here (I also have access to the CDC):

When Flu Spreads

People with flu are most contagious in the first three to four days after their illness begins.  Most healthy adults may be able to infect others beginning 1 day before symptoms develop and up to 5 to 7 days after becoming sick. Children and some people with weakened immune systems may  pass the virus for longer than 7 days.

Symptoms can begin about 2 days (but can range from 1 to 4 days)  after the virus enters the body. That means that you may be able to pass on the flu to someone else before you know you are sick, as well as while you are sick. Some people can be infected with the flu virus but have no symptoms. During this time, those people may still spread the virus to others.

Mayo Clinic states otherwise and it says 24 hours. So Tomato, Tamato.