Science Hill makes a mockery of our sport

WWarrior97

3 minutes ago, McNugget said:

This post was stupid and we are all more stupid for reading it. Thanks. Oh and tell the other 7 kids to quit since they don't deserve the mat time or the experience. 

McNugget, you and I can be friends!  I love it when we don't dance around the cold hard truth and just tell it like it is.  Two thumbs up!

1 minute ago, McNugget said:

This post was stupid and we are all more stupid for reading it. Thanks. Oh and tell the other 7 kids to quit since they don't deserve the mat time or the experience. 

And your opinion means what exactly? I don’t think I will pay any mind to a person calling themselves McNugget.  It is what it is. A coach made a decision he thought was best for his kids! If the parents are not up in arms over it, then everyone else can take their comments and opinions and go kick rocks! Thank you for trying to be involved!

14 minutes ago, Norseman said:

I couldn’t tell you how may where there cause I wasn’t there. From what I gather it was one experienced kid and a bunch of inexperienced kids. Would you put your inexperienced kids out in shark infested waters if you didn’t need to? To me it boils down to a team licking their chops to beat up on inexperienced kids, Science Hill chose not to use their kids as bait and they got the W they so desperately wanted, just not how they planned it out. Sometimes when you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.

The short answer to that question is yes, yes I would put kids out there for mat time. Ten times out of ten.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Norseman said:

Funny how one team can forfeit out matches after realizing they can’t win a dual, but another team does so for the well being of their kids health and it’s an issue. It doesn’t matter if there were 5 or 50 kids on the team. All were exposed to flu! Why on God’s green earth would you want to expose more kids at this time of year? It’s not like moving the dual to next week would affect anything. Sounds like someone was trying to cash in on one team’s misfortune and it backfired.

I would say that D-B did not move the match because a few years ago at Science Hills request a rule was added concerning district/regional duals that said:  All scheduled district/regional duals must be wrestled on the date they are scheduled unless inclement weather causes the school's principal to cancel the match.  You are correct that even though the rule which Science Hill requested is now in place - it doesn't seem to accomodate them this time though and the sky is now falling.  Knowing the rule was in place they still requested the dual to be moved.  Sounds like sour grapes to me. 

I heard the kid that Science Hill sent out for the solo match had just started coming down with a fever and they were isloating him from the rest of their team. They sent him out sort of like the blankets infected with small pox that our government gave to the Native Americans. They then got the heck out of dodge to keep the rest of their team from becoming infected and he did not even ride the team bus back to Johnson City. Not looking good for DB for the next couple of weeks and the flu might hit them right when regionals are going down!

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:15 PM, WWarrior97 said:

Tonight I witnessed one of the worst displays of sportsmanship that I have EVER seen by coaches in this area.  Science Hill coaches decide to forfeit all but one match in their dual against Dobyns Bennett.  I don't know the back story but it appears Science Hill was attempting to make some sort of statement based on a grudge they apparently have against Dobyns Bennett.  I hope athletic directors get involved and make a statement here--will the SH AD allow his coaches to use his kids as pawns in a childish argument?   I feel like someone owes me my $5 admission fee back.

If what you are claiming is 100% true then my thoughts are as follows:

Forfeiting weight classifications & taking a loss is unacceptable behavior on the part of any coaching staff  when they have wrestlers that could have competed.  I have absolutely no problem with someone sending out JV wrestlers to gain some experience if the match results will not affect your team. However, forfeiting when you have healthy wrestlers is unacceptable.  The fact that someone would pull the stunt of charging admission (even $1.00) is not right and the patrons have a legitimate reason to be upset.  

Edited by cbg
  • Upvote 3

On ‎1‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:41 AM, Norseman said:

Kingsport paper reads a lot of kids from Science Hill were sick with flu. It also says Science Hill asked to reschedule the dual only to be denied. My question is why wasn’t the dual rescheduled? Why would a coach want a team full of sick kids coming to their place, therefore spreading the virus? And what small memories we have. Didn’t DB do something very similar at region duals last year, with healthy kids? I guess pride is more important than kids health and well being. 

http://www.timesnews.net/Sports/2019/01/15/Science-Hill-forfeits-13-of-14-matches-in-bizarre-duel-meet-with-D-B

Would a basketball, football or baseball game be rescheduled due to illness?  

This event should have been cancelled.  Once it was determined that is would go on as planned there was no way to avoid some party from feeling they were wronged given the circumstances.  Looking at this from afar -- a dangerous thing to do -- it seems that the two coaches should have come to an agreement beforehand.  

24 minutes ago, Nainten said:

This event should have been cancelled.  Once it was determined that is would go on as planned there was no way to avoid some party from feeling they were wronged given the circumstances.  Looking at this from afar -- a dangerous thing to do -- it seems that the two coaches should have come to an agreement beforehand.  

Thanks for your dangerously wise and far out insight Tainten.  Now that this is settled, lets get back to the important stuff like Anaconda Momma's crappy team rankings.