Best A/AA/AAA in West Tennessee

DCFAN1

40 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

So they play within 3 points of all the schools you mention yet they're not one of the top teams?

Beat Bolivar, split two close games with Haywood, and beat a bunch of AAA schools.

unapproved website has them as the 5th ranked team in AA in the state behind Raleigh-Egypt, Wooddale, East Nashville Magnet, and Southside. 

Well this is the official polls!! None of them teams are ranked either, Bolivar, Haywood. And only credible AAA team they played was Bartlett!! So what else? 

https://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/01/28/high-school-boys-basketball-tennessee-associated-press-statewide-rankings/2704654002/

1 hour ago, Tez2319 said:

Well this is the official polls!! None of them teams are ranked either, Bolivar, Haywood. And only credible AAA team they played was Bartlett!! So what else? 

https://www.jacksonsun.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/01/28/high-school-boys-basketball-tennessee-associated-press-statewide-rankings/2704654002/

The AP polls?  We all know that the AP polls mean nothing. 

I don't have a dog in the hunt here. I'm replying solely on the illogical statements you've made.

First, you said Covington isn't "nowhere near" the top team's in AA yet they've beaten the teams you said were above them.

Why are they not a top team in AA in West TN? I don't care for your opinion. I want a fact. Playing with and or beating the top teams in your classification in your area put you in the conversation with being one of the best teams. That's a fact.

The good thing about all of this is AA seems to be a very strong classification this year for West TN (including Shelby County). Teams like Bolivar, Southside, Covington, Haywood, Wooddale, Raleigh-Egypt, and South Gibson are competitive.

3 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

The AP polls?  We all know that the AP polls mean nothing. 

I don't have a dog in the hunt here. I'm replying solely on the illogical statements you've made.

First, you said Covington isn't "nowhere near" the top team's in AA yet they've beaten the teams you said were above them.

Why are they not a top team in AA in West TN? I don't care for your opinion. I want a fact. Playing with and or beating the top teams in your classification in your area put you in the conversation with being one of the best teams. That's a fact.

The good thing about all of this is AA seems to be a very strong classification this year for West TN (including Shelby County). Teams like Bolivar, Southside, Covington, Haywood, Wooddale, Raleigh-Egypt, and South Gibson are competitive.

First off I don’t care if you care for my opinion!! I never asked you! This whole message board is based off of others opinions and or people who follows a particular team! I don’t agree with your statement, only way you are in the conversation around here, is if you win! I have never heard of people talking about a team that almost beat a team, you either win or you lose! 

6 minutes ago, Tez2319 said:

First off I don’t care if you care for my opinion!! I never asked you! This whole message board is based off of others opinions and or people who follows a particular team! I don’t agree with your statement, only way you are in the conversation around here, is if you win! I have never heard of people talking about a team that almost beat a team, you either win or you lose! 

They beat Bolivar and split with Haywood.

Yes, playing a team close means a lot. When a team is clearly better the games aren't close. However, when teams are matched well the second and third meetings prove to be very telling of the coaches and players, hence the phrase, "It's hard to beat a team 3 times." They might not be the best but they're clearly one of the top teams based on schedule and scores. 

Bolivar 12-6 

Covington 19-6

Haywood 16-7

Raleigh Egypt 19-5

South Gibson 17-6

Southside 19-2

Wooddale 20-3

35 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

They beat Bolivar and split with Haywood.

Yes, playing a team close means a lot. When a team is clearly better the games aren't close. However, when teams are matched well the second and third meetings prove to be very telling of the coaches and players, hence the phrase, "It's hard to beat a team 3 times." They might not be the best but they're clearly one of the top teams based on schedule and scores. 

Bolivar 12-6 

Covington 19-6

Haywood 16-7

Raleigh Egypt 19-5

South Gibson 17-6

Southside 19-2

Wooddale 20-3

A couple of the teams will be in Murfreesboro and Haywood is on a roll also 1st place in the district

2 hours ago, WhereYouAt said:

How will the 3 fights in Memphis at the games impact Wooddale?

Who knows. It all depends on what the videos and investigation prove. 

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2019/01/29/tennessee-high-school-basketball-memphis-tssaa-fights-wooddale-westwood-melrose/2712987002/

The article says that the TSSAA is going to let the schools self-report and might add to it.