Jasper 2019

rlh

37 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I agree 100% after all their good players have transferred to the Pirate ship. They will be lucky to go .500

One of them in fact did transfer. Are you talking about the kid that tore his knee up and missed the entire season last year? If he makes a full recovery he will be a good player, but it’s hard to come back from that injury. 

As for Marion, I believe the QB graduated, but the leading rushers from last years team return this season. They will be improved. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

15 hours ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

I agree 100% after all their good players have transferred to the Pirate ship. They will be lucky to go .500

Lol Greenback Academy getting Alcoa transfers mid season last year and now players from Maryville and William Blount after losing the house. 1A schools don’t shuffle in new kids at the rate y’all are going without recruiting. Will be funny if y’all get beat by another team from Marion County with superior talent again this year after choking last year. I’m just keeping it real.

Marion needs to go back to old offense. The spread was terrible last year when I saw them play. They should have some good skill guys returning this year but the line play and atrocious defense will have to get lightbyears better to win more than 6 games. I’m just keeping it real

7 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

Lol Greenback Academy getting Alcoa transfers mid season last year and now players from Maryville and William Blount after losing the house. 1A schools don’t shuffle in new kids at the rate y’all are going without recruiting. Will be funny if y’all get beat by another team from Marion County with superior talent again this year after choking last year. I’m just keeping it real.

Marion needs to go back to old offense. The spread was terrible last year when I saw them play. They should have some good skill guys returning this year but the line play and atrocious defense will have to get lightbyears better to win more than 6 games. I’m just keeping it real

With this post you have basically just said we are (Greenback) straight up cheating??You say it will be right out funny if we get beat and the actual folks from GB say we dont expect to win anything because we have a very unproven team regardless who we have playing!Its you outsiders that are trying to remove the target from South Pitts back and put it on ours!LC and HHS are flat out expecting to win their games and Pitt brings back by far the best 1A team this year---They ARE proven.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

With this post you have basically just said we are (Greenback) straight up cheating??

Yep, recon so! Sounds like a pretty accurate claim. They’s has to be a HEEP of recruiting taking place.  This mess reminds OP of the days when that Mtn Troll feller from SM was attempting to convince us fellers all was legit.  It don’t happen naturally without breaking rules.  

21 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Yep, recon so! Sounds like a pretty accurate claim. They’s has to be a HEEP of recruiting taking place.  This mess reminds OP of the days when that Mtn Troll feller from SM was attempting to convince us fellers all was legit.  It don’t happen naturally without breaking rules.  

If thats so there is enough kids to get one to roll!So have at it.LMBO!

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

With this post you have basically just said we are (Greenback) straight up cheating??You say it will be right out funny if we get beat and the actual folks from GB say we dont expect to win anything because we have a very unproven team regardless who we have playing!Its you outsiders that are trying to remove the target from South Pitts back and put it on ours!LC and HHS are flat out expecting to win their games and Pitt brings back by far the best 1A team this year---They ARE proven.

Wait a minute. This cat isn’t a SP person. Don’t throw us in there with BigGums. Once again, SP did have by far the best in the east on paper BEFORE all of the new kids at Greenback showed up. I’m sorry, but 2-3 really good players change the landscape in 1A. I’ve seen it though the years. Not to mention you’ve got several D1 kids mixed in already. I made no bones about it the past few years. I thought this would easily be SP’s year. You know yourself you thought Greenback would be way down as well. 2-3 good kids in 1A is MAJOR. Those are game changers in small school football. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

4 hours ago, orngnblk said:

My friend when GB has more transfers than Knox Catholic something is going on. You needed a RB last year and boom midseason you get one from Alcoa that’s started for arguably one of the top 5 best programs in the state. This year you need a QB to throw to your D1 WR and boom you get one from Maryville who has also started for the Rebels. I won’t mention the kids from WB that also transferred including the kid that just blew up at the Nike camp. It is what it is and you can say SP brings back the most players but you guys have multiple D1 players on your team and SP does not. SP wasn’t that great last year so I’m not sure why people see them as a big favorite. They lost their big boy last year and he was far and away their best player. Whoever they got from Marion isn’t going to make a huge difference because MC was pretty average last year and from what I’m reading that kid didn’t even play for them last year. Greenback should win it again just like they should’ve last year. I’m just keeping it real

Edited by TyroneBiggums

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

Wait a minute. This cat isn’t a SP person. Don’t throw us in there with BigGums. Once again, SP did have by far the best in the east on paper BEFORE all of the new kids at Greenback showed up. I’m sorry, but 2-3 really good players change the landscape in 1A. I’ve seen it though the years. Not to mention you’ve got several D1 kids mixed in already. I made no bones about it the past few years. I thought this would easily be SP’s year. You know yourself you thought Greenback would be way down as well. 2-3 good kids in 1A is MAJOR. Those are game changers in small school football. 

Kinfolks this is a Marion thread so I will only respond to one more without mentioning the 2019 Warriors.

What makes SP on paper the favorite in 1A? Who do the Pirates have that is considered big time players? I’m sorry but I didn’t see anyone that jumped out to me last year. Just a bunch of tough small town football players but nobody that I saw makes me see them as a favorite. Best thing I saw last year was SP switch it up and try to play old school smash mouth football and eating clock. They could’ve and probably should’ve beaten Whitwell with that approach but couldn’t pick up a first down when needed down the stretch. Sorry Kinfolk but SP can’t match up with Greenbacks athletes in 2019. I’m sorry to say that but it was obvious in 2017 when they played. That grind it out approach kept the game close but Greenback has had crazy talent for 1A since 2016, 2017 & 2018 and now again in 2019. Whitwell was able to match up with them last fall because they had better athletes than SP had in 2017. Dresden was able to as well in 2016. Unless SP plans on running split back veer option and keeping the ball away I dont see them matching up with the skill set Greenback will have again after these kids transferred in. Pirates better get to recruiting kids from better if they are gonna keep up with the Cherokees over the next few years. I’m just keeping it real 

2 hours ago, TyroneBiggums said:

My friend when GB has more transfers than Knox Catholic something is going on. You needed a RB last year and boom midseason you get one from Alcoa that’s started for arguably one of the top 5 best programs in the state. This year you need a QB to throw to your D1 WR and boom you get one from Maryville who has also started for the Rebels. I won’t mention the kids from WB that also transferred including the kid that just blew up at the Nike camp. It is what it is and you can say SP brings back the most players but you guys have multiple D1 players on your team and SP does not. SP wasn’t that great last year so I’m not sure why people see them as a big favorite. They lost their big boy last year and he was far and away their best player. Whoever they got from Marion isn’t going to make a huge difference because MC was pretty average last year and from what I’m reading that kid didn’t even play for them last year. Greenback should win it again just like they should’ve last year. I’m just keeping it real

The kid that done so good at the Nike camp didn’t transfer in he was born and raised in GB.