Maryville is Overrated

KnoxBball1969

On 2/6/2019 at 2:51 PM, eyeinthesky said:

Last night was more of a true representation of both teams.  Bearden's defense was dominant.  At first I didn't quite understand why Pember was guarding Anderson, but quickly realized why Coach Parrott made that decision.  Pember's length was a huge factor in shutting Joe  well below his average.  Joe is one of the smoothest basketball players ive seen in a long time and Pember shut him down.

I also found it interesting when Maryville started with a box and 1 on Quez.  It worked to begin with, but that is a hard defense to play when you have four other offensive players on the court that can all score.  

I could see the squirmish at the end of the game building up the entire 2nd half.  When Bearden got a 29 point lead, I knew tensions were rising.   Anderson let Stephany get to him.  I thought the refs handled that situation brillantly and made the correct call for both teams.  A personal foul on Trent and then a Tech on each player.  That could have gotten alot worse, but emotions cooled off and everything was ok.

I thought the refs did a great job for both teams.  They let the kids play and didn't call every foul.  that is the way basketball is suppose to be played.  In the first matchup, the Refs played a huge role in the outcome of the game.  4 total technicals called.  The ref was reprimanded and isn't allowed to call another Bearden game all year.

This will be a fun post season to watch.  I can easily see a Bearden vs Maryville matchup in both the District and Region Finals.   Will be fun to watch indeed.

The ref was NOT reprimanded. Why do people (first post I see) just absolutely lie? Seriously dude....why lie about it?

Edited by MLREB

21 hours ago, KnoxBball1969 said:

Nope I’m not mad.. just feel bad for two high schoolers that aren’t receiving appropriate recognition in this area by their district coaches.

You have to admit it’s comical how you be the best players in Knoxville the last two years yet not get district player of the year.

How do you know Glover didn’t win POY? The coaches haven’t announced the All 4AAA District team.

Edited by QSouth89

3 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

Did Bearden and Fulton reschedule or cancel the game? I thought they were playing on the 12th. I know the flu day threw everything out of whack.

My understanding is Fulton had to decide if they wanted to play Oak Ridge or Bearden since the games got canceled. And Fulton thought OR was a better prep game for the postseason.

18 hours ago, QSouth89 said:

How do you know Glover didn’t win POY? The coaches haven’t announced the All 4AAA District team.

I’m referring to last year and then their sophomore year Trent Stepheny won Knoxville area POY but not district.

I wouldn’t be surprised if some of district coaches don’t vote for Glover this year or if they throw one Trent instead of Glover. Remember you can’t vote for your own team.