Maryville is Overrated

KnoxBball1969

1 hour ago, Springbrookrat said:

Lol! Well you walked right into that one. Joe Anderson is a great high school player and to insinuate other wise is a joke. 

Literally never said he wasn’t a great player.. he just isn’t remotely close to the best player in the conference. It’s okay that he isn’t, that doesn’t mean he is bad. 

Since the OP bumped my previous post to get this ball rolling again I will chime in. Yes, I would agree with the thread title that Maryville is overrated at #2 in the AAA rankings. I’m not saying that to knock them at all - their very own Coach Eldridge said the same thing in the paper even before the Bearden game. 

Good win by Bearden on Tuesday- they were certainly the better team without question and I can’t say that I was surprised at all with the outcome. Pember’s excellent defense on Anderson was the only thing that was really surprising to me about how the game unfolded.

Hope OP feels better now. 

3 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

You mad bro? 

Nope I’m not mad.. just feel bad for two high schoolers that aren’t receiving appropriate recognition in this area by their district coaches.

You have to admit it’s comical how you be the best players in Knoxville the last two years yet not get district player of the year.