Tee Martin’s son QB Knoxville

bisonpride1

7 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Actually, this is incorrect.

Tee was "Co-Offensive Coordinator" from 2016-2017, a title he shared with Ty Helton (Clay Helton's brother).  Ty Helton called the plays.  Tee coached the WRs and had some input into gameplans and practice plan, but had little authority on game day.

Ty Helton left USC to come to UT and become the Offensive Coordinator there.  When Ty left, Tee was promoted to being the sole OC with playcalling duties going into the 2018 season.

Last year, 2018, was the ONLY TIME IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER that Tee called plays in a game, a duty that was stripped from him at midseason after a 4-4 start due to poor offensive performance.  He also had that embarrassing postgame interview where he was probably just tired after a loss, but came off as dumbfounded and clueless.

The line on Tee Martin as a coach is this:  He's not much of an OC, but a good position coach (especially WRs) and one of the best recruiters in the whole nation.  He's also not particularly sentimental about Knoxville, so I don't know how long he and his family will be here.  If someone else offers him more money (like we just did) he's out.

Actually you are not correct.  Tee was the OC/WR Coach not Co-OC.  Tyson Helton was the Passing game Coordinator and QB's Coach in 2016

https://usctrojans.com/roster.aspx?roster=44&path=football#sidearm-roster-coaches

2017 Tee was once again the OC/WR Coach for a team that went 11-3

2018 USC did start out 4-4 before Tee got the play calling pulled from him and ended up 5-7 so it might not have been all his fault with them going 1-3 after they removed him.  As the OC the Trojans Avg. over 27 points a game once they removed him they Avg. 24 points a game.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BlueDevil58 said:

Actually, this is incorrect.

Tee was "Co-Offensive Coordinator" from 2016-2017, a title he shared with Ty Helton (Clay Helton's brother).  Ty Helton called the plays.  Tee coached the WRs and had some input into gameplans and practice plan, but had little authority on game day.

Ty Helton left USC to come to UT and become the Offensive Coordinator there.  When Ty left, Tee was promoted to being the sole OC with playcalling duties going into the 2018 season.

Last year, 2018, was the ONLY TIME IN HIS ENTIRE CAREER that Tee called plays in a game, a duty that was stripped from him at midseason after a 4-4 start due to poor offensive performance.  He also had that embarrassing postgame interview where he was probably just tired after a loss, but came off as dumbfounded and clueless.

The line on Tee Martin as a coach is this:  He's not much of an OC, but a good position coach (especially WRs) and one of the best recruiters in the whole nation.  He's also not particularly sentimental about Knoxville, so I don't know how long he and his family will be here.  If someone else offers him more money (like we just did) he's out.

I watched some USC games in 2016 and 2017 and He was calling plays in some key wins that saved Clay Helton's butt.  Clay Helton geting hired in 2015 was controversial.  Also, T was responsible for recruiting 21 top 100 players while at USC.  That is something UT needs in a major way.  I am skeptical of inbreeding systems.  Exhibit 1:  Lane Kiffin bringing in his daddy to replace Chief John Chavis at UT and then taking him to USC with him.  Exhibit #2:  Clay Helton and Ty Helton who were brought to USC by Lane Kiffin.  This moot because he isn't OC at UT.

https://www.conquestchronicles.com/2017/10/7/16441460/usc-trojans-football-2017-tee-martin-offensive-play-calling

On 1/22/2019 at 9:16 AM, Red Rebels said:

The mighty Friendsville Falcons whooped up on the Magnolia Catholics back in 1978! Greenback didn't get good until Blount County closed their Single A's.

2hek6z7.jpg 

I still remember driving through that area at night going to the K-Jay games. Also remember always yelling at Gummy Granny for standing on the corner and causing traffic to back up in front of the bread company while passer byers slowed down to get a good look and move on.

2qmi0bl.jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I still remember driving through that area at night going to the K-Jay games. Also remember always yelling at Gummy Granny for standing on the corner and causing traffic to back up in front of the bread company while passer byers slowed down to get a good look and move on.

2qmi0bl.jpg

Annie Savoy she is not ........

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

2qmi0bl.jpg

Billy Meyer Stadium was awesome.   Watching games there was like being stuck in time, in a good way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Or somebody's real I.D. since it was just green card stock with no picture.

Yep. That's what I had.  An older cousin claimed he lost his DL and got a duplicate so I could use his. 

Of course, it was easier to manipulate back in those days with the drinking age being 18.  

And by the way, I freely admit that since the statute of limitations ended decades ago.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Yep. That's what I had.  An older cousin claimed he lost his DL and got a duplicate so I could use his. 

Of course, it was easier to manipulate back in those days with the drinking age being 18.  

And by the way, I freely admit that since the statute of limitations ended decades ago.  

I still remember going to the store when I was 15 and the cashier said " Do you promise your 18" and I left the store riding a Banana Seat Schwinn Bicycle drinking a Tall Boy headed over to Stars house to play basketball in the driveway.

50 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I still remember going to the store when I was 15 and the cashier said " Do you promise your 18" and I left the store riding a Banana Seat Schwinn Bicycle drinking a Tall Boy headed over to Stars house to play basketball in the driveway.

Well, did you at least take Stars one, too?