AP H.S. boys basketball statewide rankings Class A ( 01/21/2019)

Dunc4265

Class A

School Record  Pts  Prv
1. Eagleville (9) 17-3 122 1
2. Humboldt (3) 16-2 118  2
3. Clay County 20-2 104 3
4. Columbia Academy 17-4 84 4
5. Fayetteville 18-3 70  6
6. Westwood (1) 17-1 63 8
7. Peabody 17-4 59 7
8. Summertown 17-4 37 5
9. Loretto 12-5 19 NR
10. McKenzie 16-3 14 9
Others receiving 12 or more points: none.

6 hours ago, Dunc4265 said:

still no love for District 15. 

Just wanted you guys to know I voted Manassas this week. Once again no information sent from the Commercial Appeal or any other Memphis AP members and none of them even bothered to vote themselves! The rest of the voters across the state would vote for Dist. 15 teams if encouraged to by media who'd seen them. As stated before, without info from Memphis media we have to depend on CoachT SOS and it's not that high for either Manassas or BTW. That's why the "eye test" is important and we depend on Memphis media for that. SOOOOOO, blame your local media, not the rest of us. We're doing our best.

Edited by NWhoopaholic

17 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Just wanted you guys to know I voted Manassas this week. Once again no information sent from the Commercial Appeal or any other Memphis AP members and none of them even bothered to vote themselves! The rest of the voters across the state would vote for Dist. 15 teams if encouraged to by media who'd seen them. As stated before, without info from Memphis media we have to depend on CoachT SOS and it's not that high for either Manassas or BTW. That's why the "eye test" is important and we depend on Memphis media for that. SOOOOOO, blame your local media, not the rest of us. We're doing our best.

No problem voting Westwood...that team is from Memphis too! LOL Well deserved ranking by you guys. You do realize that 1-4 from 15A beat 16A in regional last year right? Westwood is the only hope for this year that they may advance in regional! Coacht SOS is not that strong when I saw EAST wasn't #1 SOS.

20 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

you are definitely doing your research. Wish more did. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coachzero said:

No problem voting Westwood...that team is from Memphis too! LOL Well deserved ranking by you guys. You do realize that 1-4 from 15A beat 16A in regional last year right? Westwood is the only hope for this year that they may advance in regional! Coacht SOS is not that strong when I saw EAST wasn't #1 SOS.

I don't think CoachT SoS takes the teams out of state into consideration when ranking. East would be an obvious #1 if that was the case. However, East's scores are high but they're ranked 112 instead of where they should be. East's rank of Strength and Sucess is 1.327 but they're #112 when #111 is 0.56.

When the media from Memphis doesn't participate these other guys have nothing to go on. Everyone knows how good Memphis team are. However, ranking means nothing and we all know that too.

1 minute ago, warmachine7954 said:

I don't think CoachT SoS takes the teams out of state into consideration when ranking. East would be an obvious #1 if that was the case. However, East's scores are high but they're ranked 112 instead of where they should be. East's rank of Strength and Sucess is 1.327 but they're #112 when #111 is 0.56.

When the media from Memphis doesn't participate these other guys have nothing to go on. Everyone knows how good Memphis team are. However, ranking means nothing and we all know that too.

You do realize that WESTWOOD is RANKED and from MEMPHIS RIGHT? Somebody researched them! LOL!

23 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

You're exactly right! East doesn't have a strong SOS because of playing a national schedule. Not sure why Westwood has gotten more votes than the teams from the other Memphis district but two from Region 8 are likely to get to Murfreesboro. Humboldt may have a shot if they play well in a Sectional home game.

1 hour ago, NWhoopaholic said:

You're exactly right! East doesn't have a strong SOS because of playing a national schedule. Not sure why Westwood has gotten more votes than the teams from the other Memphis district but two from Region 8 are likely to get to Murfreesboro. Humboldt may have a shot if they play well in a Sectional home game.

It so crazy how people are not giving Westwood no respect. This team is really good. They have four legit guard that on any given night can put up 20 points a game. You really need to research this team. Ain't no joke. By the way the Regional tournament is held at Westwood gym this year.

7 hours ago, Btw1993 said:

It so crazy how people are not giving Westwood no respect. This team is really good. They have four legit guard that on any given night can put up 20 points a game. You really need to research this team. Ain't no joke. By the way the Regional tournament is held at Westwood gym this year.

Westwood is ranked 6th with one first place vote. I didn't vote them #1 but have them in my top 5. Talked to Hillcrest coach when they played in a tournament in Martin after Christmas and he told me Westwood was the best Single A in Memphis. That's the only 1st person info I've gotten so I've voted them both weeks. Added Manassas this past week after they blasted BTW. Maybe some frustration after two close losses to them. Longhorns having homecourt in region will certainly help.

8 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Westwood is ranked 6th with one first place vote. I didn't vote them #1 but have them in my top 5. Talked to Hillcrest coach when they played in a tournament in Martin after Christmas and he told me Westwood was the best Single A in Memphis. That's the only 1st person info I've gotten so I've voted them both weeks. Added Manassas this past week after they blasted BTW. Maybe some frustration after two close losses to them. Longhorns having homecourt in region will certainly help.

8 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

I watched Westwood lose to Kingsbury last night. Kingsbury dominated the game until Westwood made a secound half run.  Westwood is not on the level of Manassas and BTW by FAR!!! Another two teams from 15A will be playing for regional Championship! With all due respect...Hillcrest coach would not know what a good team is! LOL