AP H.S. boys basketball statewide rankings Class A ( 01/21/2019)

Dunc4265

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2019 at 2:20 PM, NWhoopaholic said:

Just wanted you guys to know I voted Manassas this week. Once again no information sent from the Commercial Appeal or any other Memphis AP members and none of them even bothered to vote themselves! The rest of the voters across the state would vote for Dist. 15 teams if encouraged to by media who'd seen them. As stated before, without info from Memphis media we have to depend on CoachT SOS and it's not that high for either Manassas or BTW. That's why the "eye test" is important and we depend on Memphis media for that. SOOOOOO, blame your local media, not the rest of us. We're doing our best.

More proof that it is some kind of bias when it comes to district 15A. Manassas just walked through WESTWOOD EASY! Game wasn't even close! No love for Manassas or any other 15A teams?

Class A

Team, Rec, Pts., Pvs.

1. Eagleville (9) 22-3 132 1

2. Humboldt (4) 23-2 130 2

3. Clay County (1) 26-2 115 3

4. Loretto 18-5 77 7

5. Columbia Academy 21-5 72 4

6. McKenzie 22-3 57 8

7. Summertown 21-5 53 5

8. Fayetteville 22-5 48 6

9. Peabody 22-5 42 10

10. Westwood 23-3 17 9

Others receiving 12 or more points: none.

15 minutes ago, coachzero said:

More proof that it is some kind of bias when it comes to district 15A. Manassas just walked through WESTWOOD EASY! Game wasn't even close! No love for Manassas or any other 15A teams?

Class A

Team, Rec, Pts., Pvs.

1. Eagleville (9) 22-3 132 1

2. Humboldt (4) 23-2 130 2

3. Clay County (1) 26-2 115 3

4. Loretto 18-5 77 7

5. Columbia Academy 21-5 72 4

6. McKenzie 22-3 57 8

7. Summertown 21-5 53 5

8. Fayetteville 22-5 48 6

9. Peabody 22-5 42 10

10. Westwood 23-3 17 9

Others receiving 12 or more points: none.

The voting site for the AP poll has had Manassas in the wrong classification all year! Several voters sent them messages to fix the it but it never got done. So please blame the AP not its voters. We wanted to show them love!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coachzero said:

did they fix it?

No. This was the final poll. Frustrating for us but we do the best we can. As many on this site have said, the polls don't win you a gold ball but they do serve a purpose in getting recognition for young athletes. I'm sorry Manassas hasn't gotten theirs. I was able to nominate Catthadious Moore for Mr. Basketball & was glad he was named a finalist along with two great players from 14A. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 10:33 AM, NWhoopaholic said:

No. This was the final poll. Frustrating for us but we do the best we can. As many on this site have said, the polls don't win you a gold ball but they do serve a purpose in getting recognition for young athletes. I'm sorry Manassas hasn't gotten theirs. I was able to nominate Catthadious Moore for Mr. Basketball & was glad he was named a finalist along with two great players from 14A. 

Last Night I watched Peabody vs HB. AP Voters in for a rude awakening when they see the 15A teams from this season that got No LOVE! LOL