AP H.S. boys basketball statewide rankings Class A ( 01/21/2019)

Dunc4265

18 hours ago, coachzero said:

You do realize that WESTWOOD is RANKED and from MEMPHIS RIGHT? Somebody researched them! LOL!

You do realize that this happens every year since CoachT has existed? No, you don't because you have 19 posts and joined in late 2018. I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say you're from Memphis and you believe that the worst team in Memphis can play with any team in the state outside of Memphis.

Yes, I work for Shelby County Schools and have coached in Memphis so I do realize that Westwood is in Memphis. 

This has been happening forever. The people who vote go on current records, word of mouth, and a possible sighting in a tournament (which doesn't happen often because Single A, and other classes, in Memphis don't go out of town very much for various reasons.) There is no way for these guys to know how good teams are outside their area. 

8 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Westwood is ranked 6th with one first place vote. I didn't vote them #1 but have them in my top 5. Talked to Hillcrest coach when they played in a tournament in Martin after Christmas and he told me Westwood was the best Single A in Memphis. That's the only 1st person info I've gotten so I've voted them both weeks. Added Manassas this past week after they blasted BTW. Maybe some frustration after two close losses to them. Longhorns having homecourt in region will certainly help.

even by this SOS used by coacht Westwood hasn't played any top 25 teams. BTW 4 and Manassas 6. It will all come out very soon! The cream will rise! I even saw a team from west tennessee that has played 11 top 25 teams but the coachT SOS was weak....

Westwood Longhorns
Schedule: 105th toughest
Overall: 17-2
District: 9-0
Members of District 16. No meetings with Top 25 opponents. Faces Fairley tomorrow and Oakhaven on Tuesday. Recently defeated City University. Lost to Kingsbury by 2 on Jan. 23.
Manassas Tigers
Schedule: 100th toughest
Overall: 16-3
District: 10-1
Members of District 15. Six meetings with Top 25 opponents. Faces Memphis Business tomorrow and Douglass on Tuesday. Recently defeated MASE and MAHS.
B.T. Washington Warriors
Schedule: 79th toughest
Overall: 13-4
District: 8-1
Members of District 15. Four meetings with Top 25 opponents. Faces Memphis Business today and MAHS on Tuesday. Recently defeated Soulsville and Middle College.

12 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

You do realize that this happens every year since CoachT has existed? No, you don't because you have 19 posts and joined in late 2018. I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say you're from Memphis and you believe that the worst team in Memphis can play with any team in the state outside of Memphis.

Yes, I work for Shelby County Schools and have coached in Memphis so I do realize that Westwood is in Memphis. 

This has been happening forever. The people who vote go on current records, word of mouth, and a possible sighting in a tournament (which doesn't happen often because Single A, and other classes, in Memphis don't go out of town very much for various reasons.) There is no way for these guys to know how good teams are outside their area. 

Why vote if you don't know? THE KIDS DESERVE FAIR TREATMENT and RESPECT! You got some good teams in the country! LOL All I am saying is 15A had two at STATE last year and nobody respecting the toughest district in 1A!

4 hours ago, coachzero said:

Why vote if you don't know? THE KIDS DESERVE FAIR TREATMENT and RESPECT! You got some good teams in the country! LOL All I am saying is 15A had two at STATE last year and nobody respecting the toughest district in 1A!

If no one votes you get no poll. 

In TN every team gets a chance at the postseason. The AP poll means absolutely nothing. Good teams go deep in the playoffs and usually win. Sure there is the occasional upset but they prove who is actually good.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, coachzero said:

I’m guessing you think they should all get a trophy too?  They will have the opportunity to prove to everyone on the floor if they are one of the best teams in the state. One of y’all will have to go on the road to Humboldt in the substate game which will be a tall task. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

41 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

If no one votes you get no poll. 

In TN every team gets a chance at the postseason. The AP poll means absolutely nothing. Good teams go deep in the playoffs and usually win. Sure there is the occasional upset but they prove who is actually good.

but to get it this wrong is crazy! NO BTW? NO MANASSAS? That is CRAZY! LOL

4 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

I’m guessing you think they should all get a trophy too?  They will have the opportunity to prove to everyone on the floor if they are one of the best teams in the state. One of y’all will have to go on the road to Humboldt in the substate game which will be a tall task. 

Oh Manassas or BTW will get the trophy!

1 minute ago, coachzero said:

Oh Manassas or BTW will get the trophy!

Well Manassas hasn’t been anything since Buckner was there but moving back down to A from AA has brought in some new recruits so I’m sure they are a good team. Same with BTW and all of Memphis. The rest of us have to adhere to TSSAA’s rules while Memphis recruits non stop.  Having said that if a team can break the press and rebound they have a chance to beat either team. 

20 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Well Manassas hasn’t been anything since Buckner was there but moving back down to A from AA has brought in some new recruits so I’m sure they are a good team. Same with BTW and all of Memphis. The rest of us have to adhere to TSSAA’s rules while Memphis recruits non stop.  Having said that if a team can break the press and rebound they have a chance to beat either team. 

Manassas made it to sate tourney a few years ago while in 2A my man! get your info in line! AA has brought some new recruits? Sounds really stupid to me.