A AA state duels

Hamblin

2 hours ago, Hamblin said:

Yes I get it. A dual, tri, and quad informs us of the number of teams involved. By your definition you will be dualing, triing, and quading the other teams instead of dueling each team. For the record spell check wouldnt allow me to use those three descriptions, I had to override spell check. Maybe spell check is onto something? 

If you guys want to cry about the word I use then by all means go ahead. 

Have a nice day.

Let’s talk wrestling! Who wins A/AA

On 1/27/2019 at 1:08 PM, Hamblin said:

Yes I get it. A dual, tri, and quad informs us of the number of teams involved. By your definition you will be dualing, triing, and quading the other teams instead of dueling each team. For the record spell check wouldnt allow me to use those three descriptions, I had to override spell check. Maybe spell check is onto something? 

If you guys want to cry about the word I use then by all means go ahead. 

Have a nice day.

I think it’s cool either way. No intent to offend. Just shining light on why it is spelled dual.

Brentwood Home Page

Nolensville wrestling caps special season with state duals runners-up title

Posted by Cory Woodroof
Date: February 04, 2019

Nolensville wrestling caps special season with state duals runners-up title

BY CORY WOODROOF

Though their special season will end in silver, not gold, the Nolensville Knights wrestling team still has plenty to be proud of for what they’ve accomplished.

The team fell to Pigeon Forge 59-18 Saturday in the TSSAA’s state duals wrestling Class A-AA championship, finishing a bracket where they topped Signal Mountain and Greeneville.

They’ll be runners-up for their classification and were recognized for that distinction after the match.

It’s the furthest the young school has ever gotten in its three-year history in wrestling, and has set a new bench mark for future Knights wrestlers.

“I’ve had these guys for three years. I couldn’t be more proud of them,” Knights head coach Josh Peck said of the team’s accomplishments.

“We’ve got a great group of seniors that led the team to here — Max Dansereau, Wes Miller and Hayden Brammer — and, again, it’s only been three years, and to make the state finals is pretty impressive for them. I’m very proud of them.”

Miller got one last individual win for his senior season against Pigeon Forge.

The team will now look to build traditions for the future, made easier by Nolensville’s culture of cheering on all of its sports.

“The school supports everybody,” Peck said. “It’s great. A lot of schools don’t even know wrestling exists, and at our school, they have a little mini pep [rally] for them, they have put singlets on their lockers, made announcements about it.

“So the fact that our school actually knows we exist and we’re doing well is good for us…and we support everybody else.”

Peck is optimistic for where the program is headed, citing the young wrestlers on their way to the high school as added motivation.

“This is hopefully the beginning,” Peck said. “We have a great kids’ club, our middle school program is rocking now…the future should be good.”